New nano

All44

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
I just picked up a new iPod nano and it is incredible. Is anyone else obsessed with the new nano?

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
I'm really liking it. I don't need a video playback function as I have an iPhone. But I do need something to workout witha d use Nike+. I find the iPod touch/ iPhone to bulky for my liking.
Plus it's so darn cute. It's like a baby iPhone or ipad.
I want a pink one :):)

Sep 10, 2010
no,i think the screen is too small to touch and it is not convenient,i prefer the new ipod touch for more fun or the ipod shuffle for music.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I picked one up yesterday, a 16GB Graphite and while I was initially impressed with it, I’m starting to consider returning it. The touch screen is neat but the battery life is horrible.

They claim 24 hours of audio playback but that’s if you only turn the display on to start the music then sleep it. If you do anything that causes the display to come on, it eats the battery. Plus, you can’t turn it completely off, you can only sleep it. This means the battery is constantly draining a little even when nothing is going on. I synced it with iTunes after I got it, and when that was done, decided to play around with it. After about 2 hours, the battery was down to 80%! WTF? I charged it overnight, unplugged it this morning about 9, left it alone most of the day then played with it for about an hour tonight and it’s already down to about 50%. The battery looks like it holds a charge about as well as a 3 y.o. iPod.

Sep 12, 2010
Lack of Bluetooth support for new Nano (adapter don't work when plugged in)

One thing that sucks about the new nano is it doesn't support Bluetooth headphones. When I plug in my adapter for my Motarola S9 headphone the screen read "unsupported" yet my 2nd & 3rd gen iPod nanos support the headphones......go figure! I hope they have a software update for this soon.

Jun 24, 2010
My husband picked me up a 16 gb blue one and I adore it! One think I like best is it's portability. It can clip on just about anything, thereforee I'm way more likely to use it. I've gotten pretty much everything Apple has put out at one point or another and I like how they totally re-invent their product line from time to time to keep everyone interested. Like it or not, the new Nano has lots more storage and is way smaller than the very first iPod that was 5 gb. That thing was like a huge brick compared to this dainty little thing!
Apple has an 80 pg, user guide that can be downloaded for this little gem, and there is more information that people obviously need to read before knocking the newest Nano. I guess one really important thing is to make sure there are not any songs on play or pause when you put the Nano to sleep, so that it doesn't run the battery down too fast.
The radio is another cool feature that is present. It will search the area for the strongest signals and then list them which is great for traveling, and when the song is playing, the display will reflect the name of the artist and song like on XM radio.
Bottom line...yeah it's different, but still cool and probably more likely to be utilized because of it's size!

Jun 24, 2010
Ever since I got the iPhone, the ipods and nanos have become irrelevant for me ...
I've gotten a new iPhone each year since they first came out, and in some ways I agree, because I'd many times leave the iPod in the drawer in favor of using the iPhone (or even iPad), but taking off the camera and the ability to watch video (things I'd choose my iPhone to use), and my making the Nano smaller, lighter and able to be clipped on a lanyard, shirt, pocket, etc., I'm now more likely to pick up my Nano when I want to listen to music from my iTunes library or the radio over my iPhone. Size matters! (Even in reverse)! :)

All44

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
I got one the day it came out and I absolutely love it. It's so small so gone r the days of a big iPod strapped to your arm!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I don't think was just an idea, those bands were on sale at the Apple store 6 days later, I started to make a joke about it, but I think because of all he had to talk about, he forgot to mention that the bands were going on sell the same time as the nano did.