New nano

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I picked one up yesterday, a 16GB Graphite and while I was initially impressed with it, I’m starting to consider returning it. The touch screen is neat but the battery life is horrible.

They claim 24 hours of audio playback but that’s if you only turn the display on to start the music then sleep it. If you do anything that causes the display to come on, it eats the battery. Plus, you can’t turn it completely off, you can only sleep it. This means the battery is constantly draining a little even when nothing is going on. I synced it with iTunes after I got it, and when that was done, decided to play around with it. After about 2 hours, the battery was down to 80%! WTF? I charged it overnight, unplugged it this morning about 9, left it alone most of the day then played with it for about an hour tonight and it’s already down to about 50%. The battery looks like it holds a charge about as well as a 3 y.o. iPod.
Were you able to show percent like the 3Gs and iPhone 4? If so - how? :)

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Were you able to show percent like the 3Gs and iPhone 4? If so - how? :)
I was but not on the device itself, at least not up next to the battery symbol at the top of the screen I think the only place I saw it was either in iTunes or in the About screen. I returned it a couple of weeks ago so I can't remember exactly where I saw it.