new or refurbished

Feb 6, 2009
so im done with my sprint contract and im jumping to the iPhone but i want to know (im ordering online) they offer the 8gb 3g for 99 and 16gb for 150 but those are refurbished what do you guys recommend? new or refurbished

im kinda low on money at the moment as i just bought a condo and i don't know if i should go refurbished or new need some opinions from iPhone owners

---------------- Now playing: Eminem - Same Song & Dance via FoxyTunes

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Are you sure you don't want to wait for the new iPhone model to be released this summer? I'd say there's a 99% chance that there will be a new iPhone and it will have a better camera, be able to record video, and more. If you buy an iPhone from AT&T now, you might not be eligible for any subsidized pricing they might offer for the new iPhone model. Perhaps you could not sign up for another 2 years with Sprint and just go month-to-month with them until the new iPhone comes out...

Feb 6, 2009
well my sprint contract is done i have no service as of last friday i was thinking of just getting a basic cell for now from AT&T and then get the new iPhone but idk i really need a phone and iPhone is really tempting

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Refurbs are just fine and they have the same warranty. Apple is clearing inventory on the 3G's right now and are even selling them online. If you don't think you'll wish you had waited for the new one, which will be released in June or July, go for it.

Feb 6, 2009
well one question

if i get my refurb and before my 30 days are up i return it for the new iPhone is that possible?

unnecessary

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Refurbs are just fine and they have the same warranty. Apple is clearing inventory on the 3G's right now and are even selling them online. If you don't think you'll wish you had waited for the new one, which will be released in June or July, go for it.

Refurbs only have a 90 day warranty. New ones have a 1 year warranty.