New Otterbox WATERPROOF iPhone case

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
I was one of many on this board who ordered the Otterbox iPhone case in advance. I went to the Otterbox website today and read a note regarding the iPhone case.

Short version: It seems they will be offering a COMPLETELY waterproof case soon for the iPhone. Since my order for the original, NON WATERPROOF case had not shipped yet, I stopped it. They applied my order to the new model, that should ship by late November.

They said it will be a little more bulky, but I think perfect for me.

Just an FYI:cool:

iPhoneJones

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll stick with the orig. one they are shipping this month. Just as long as I don't accidentally drop in in the toilet I should be okay. I don't do watersports.

PlanB

Oct 11, 2007
Does the waterproof case allow for the phone to function while still in the case? I work for a cruise line and while we're in port I usually carry my phone with me, something waterproof would be perfect.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Does the waterproof case allow for the phone to function while still in the case? I work for a cruise line and while we're in port I usually carry my phone with me, something waterproof would be perfect.
Wondering the same thing....is it still accessible?

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
Yes

Wondering the same thing....is it still accessible?
I just called them to confirm that everything is still accessible. He told me they use rubber plugs on flaps. He also confirmed that the phone would be fully functional while in the case, no cover to open or anything like that.

It will be in the Armor series, so you can look on their site at the Armor for iPod Touch to get an idea. He did say the case would be rubberized, unlike the Armor case for the iPod Touch.

I was looking for the toughest possible case that would still provide access to all functions - I think this will be it!

Finally, it should cost about $20 more.

PlanB

Oct 11, 2007
I just called them to confirm that everything is still accessible. He told me they use rubber plugs on flaps. He also confirmed that the phone would be fully functional while in the case, no cover to open or anything like that.

It will be in the Armor series, so you can look on their site at the Armor for iPod Touch to get an idea. He did say the case would be rubberized, unlike the Armor case for the iPod Touch.

I was looking for the toughest possible case that would still provide access to all functions - I think this will be it!

Awesome, looks like I found my case :cool:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

now if only they weren't so ugly...

yngchrn

Nov 7, 2007
I was one of many on this board who ordered the Otterbox iPhone case in advance. I went to the Otterbox website today and read a note regarding the iPhone case.

Short version: It seems they will be offering a COMPLETELY waterproof case soon for the iPhone. Since my order for the original, NON WATERPROOF case had not shipped yet, I stopped it. They applied my order to the new model, that should ship by late November.

They said it will be a little more bulky, but I think perfect for me.

Just an FYI:cool:[/q

how much they r selling?

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
This makes no sense. The announced this for the 4 & 4S in the summer maybe before the 5's official release date.

Why did it take so long in the first place?

Yes there will be more people to sell the 4 & 4S version to but what about the 5?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
This makes no sense. The announced this for the 4 & 4S in the summer maybe before the 5's official release date.

Why did it take so long in the first place?

Yes there will be more people to sell the 4 & 4S version to but what about the 5?
Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe
Last thing I've seen on otters page is that they are not developing one for the iPhone 5... Hell, they can't even figure out how to do it for the 4/4s yet. LOL