New Otterbox WATERPROOF iPhone case

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Ocala, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Ocala

Ocala New Member
    Bronze

I was one of many on this board who ordered the Otterbox iPhone case in advance. I went to the Otterbox website today and read a note regarding the iPhone case.

Short version: It seems they will be offering a COMPLETELY waterproof case soon for the iPhone. Since my order for the original, NON WATERPROOF case had not shipped yet, I stopped it. They applied my order to the new model, that should ship by late November.

They said it will be a little more bulky, but I think perfect for me.

Just an FYI:cool:

2. iPhoneJones

iPhoneJones New Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll stick with the orig. one they are shipping this month. Just as long as I don't accidentally drop in in the toilet I should be okay. I don't do watersports.

3. PlanB

PlanB New Member

Does the waterproof case allow for the phone to function while still in the case? I work for a cruise line and while we're in port I usually carry my phone with me, something waterproof would be perfect.

4. Indy

Indy Zealot
    Gold

Wondering the same thing....is it still accessible?

5. Ocala

Ocala New Member
    Bronze

Yes

I just called them to confirm that everything is still accessible. He told me they use rubber plugs on flaps. He also confirmed that the phone would be fully functional while in the case, no cover to open or anything like that.

It will be in the Armor series, so you can look on their site at the Armor for iPod Touch to get an idea. He did say the case would be rubberized, unlike the Armor case for the iPod Touch.

I was looking for the toughest possible case that would still provide access to all functions - I think this will be it!

Finally, it should cost about $20 more.

6. PlanB

PlanB New Member

Awesome, looks like I found my case :cool:

7. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

now if only they weren't so ugly...

8. Indy

Indy Zealot
    Gold

LoL, really.

Nah, I've seen worse...it's not to bad, especially if you work outdoors, worth it to me then looks or not.

9. yngchrn

yngchrn New Member

10. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

This thread is circa 2007. I thought I heard this year, 2012, about this. Whatever happened to it?

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Their Armor series case is STILL under development. At least that's all they say on their Facebook page.

12. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

This makes no sense. The announced this for the 4 & 4S in the summer maybe before the 5's official release date.

Why did it take so long in the first place?

Yes there will be more people to sell the 4 & 4S version to but what about the 5?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Last thing I've seen on otters page is that they are not developing one for the iPhone 5... Hell, they can't even figure out how to do it for the 4/4s yet. LOL

14. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

But, it did take a long time for LifeProof to come out with theirs since their initial announcement. This is definitely longer, but just saying'.

15. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Good point. But I think even they realize that they kinda of jumped the gun on the announcement.