New phone name

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Leo, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

I have no idea why the iPhone 6 is being called the 5, when clearly the 4S is actually the 5, but anyways, what do you think the new iPhone will be called? "The new iPhone"? "iPhone SJ"?

2. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I'm voting for "The New iPhone"!

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

3. ReeseyCup79

ReeseyCup79 Member
    Bronze

yes,,, that bugs me a bit too. When new videos on YouTube and article refer to it was the iPhone 5. I already have the iPhone 5, lol. Oh well, it's no big deal I guess,,, I'm sure it'll be the new iPhone tho. =P

4. applejailescape

Gold

It's gotta be the iPhone 5 , can't imagine any other name tbh , Apple have kept the number game since the 2G so I can't see them skipping 5

-Spencer-
    www.twitter.com/Spencer7077

5. ReeseyCup79

ReeseyCup79 Member
    Bronze

There never was an iPhone 2g, that would be the iPhone 1. The 4S is the 5th generation iPhone so calling the 6th an iPhone 5 would be awkward. I'm confident it will be called "the new" iPhone just like the iPad =P

6. riffdex

riffdex Member
    Bronze

Honestly, calling it the iPhone 6 seems awkward to me. Just my personal opinion, but it's not like Apple is obligated to call it iPhone 6, they can call it whatever they feel like :) And iPhone 5 sounds much better imo.

7. Jerome G

Jerome G Member
    Bronze

The iPhone names have nothing to do with the numerical order of the phone. Some folks her seem too hung up on that !
    They will call it what they want (obviously)

The "new iPhone" seems to make sense, to follow up the naming of the tablet, and to go along with the naming of their computers.

Just calling it iPhone may be confusing, as that was the name of the original iPhone, but hey that would be refreshing !

Sent from my iPhone 4S, 6 gen, newest so far, smartphone extrodinaire, Androind killer, love complicated names phone

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I agree with, Jerome G - it doesn't matter what the next phone is going to be called. And for those saying the iPhone 4S was the iPhone 5, my answer to you is, 'no it wasn't the iPhone 5, it's a 4S or they (being Apple) would have called it the iPhone 5 if it was supposed to be the iPhone 5'.

At least we don't have to struggle with all the names the Android folks do...

Keeping with the OP, I think it's going to be called The New iPhone.

9. applejailescape

Gold

I can see your point of view but the 2G was because of the 2G data , 3G because of 3G data , I'd put my house on it being the iPhone 5 , more marketable and there's only the small 5% or so that are strong Apple fan boys that would know this the past generations :p

-Spencer-

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Fanboy!

:ROFLMAO:

11. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Still betting on The New Apple iPhone® Mobile Telephone System 2012 Professional Edition

12. applejailescape

Gold

13. applejailescape

Gold

I'll bet ya a tenner its not ;)

-Spencer-

14. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

15. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

But... right now it merely says "iPhone", then below that, "XX GB," on the back panel.

They would need a very small font to be used on the back of the device for your suggestion to fit and not take up 1/2 of the entire back panel. It could also jeopardize the space remaining for the personalized engraving...

:)

16. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

Betcha Steve's up there right now on his MacBook "Air" havin a giggle at all this conjecture. Does that mean that in the year 2020 it's iPhone thirteen? Sooner or later the pattern will change. Maybe 2012?

Attached Files:

17. 102James Sawyer

102James Sawyer New Member

M2!

18. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The next iPhone should simply be named Aaron. Every year, they could pick a name starting with the next letter of the alphabet. For 2013, it could be named Barnabus. For 2014, Chad...

19. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Or desserts...

20. riffdex

riffdex Member
    Bronze

Mine doesn't say "XX GB" on the back, just iPhone. In fact im pretty sure no ones says that o.O