New photo of iPhone...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Does the Apple logo glow on the top of the macbookpro? It always seems to in movies. I'm just asking because I've seen them in movies, but I've never seen one in person.:oops:
Yes it does. In low light conditions, the keyboard is back lit as well.

The picture in the OP looks like it was taken at MacWorld. I wonder how much different (if at all) the production version will be.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I wonder who came up with that name "funlights"
It's a moto thing. Funlights is a term used to describe three different light features on Moto phones: ringlights flash lights when the phone rings, rhythm Lights flash to the sounds received by the phones microphone, and event lights flash when you get a text message, mms, or when the phone is charging. All three of these lights features are called funlights, but each one is separate and requires a separate modification to the standard V3 RAZR.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
i still can't tell where the sim card will go...

is that black area at the bottom removable and that's where it goes?

i seem to remember from the keynote that the sim card will be inserted near the top...i don't see an opening or flap..

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
During the keynote, Steve talked about the different sides of the iPhone. When he got to the top of the phone he said:

So let’s take a look at the top now. We’ve got a headset jack. 3.5 millimeter all your iPod headphones fit right in. We’ve got a place, a little tray for your SIM card, and we’ve got one switch for sleep and wake. Push it to go to sleep, push it to wake up.
Here is the slide shown at the time:

Last edited by a moderator:

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I wonder if the Apple glows. Probably not.
I don't know why it couldn't. LEDs use very little power...

Depending on how Apple has it set it up to work, if the display turns on/flashes when you get a call than it really wouldn't make a difference power wise.... Apple could use the backlight from the LCD.