New photos show back casing of iPhone 5S in white, black and gold

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by chris, Aug 22, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Yet more leaks. This time from a Japanese website that brings us back casings for what they claim is the iPhone 5S. The gold is more of a champagne color. The font on the gold is Helevetica-Neue, but it doesn't seem to match up with the black/slate, white,silver models shown here? Real, fake? I'm still thinking real, or at least the gold model.

20130821ACCN_001_cs1e1_800x.jpg 20130821ACCN_002_cs1e1_800x.jpg 20130821ACCN_003_cs1e1_800x.jpg 20130821ACCN_004_cs1e1_480x.jpg 20130821ACCN_005_cs1e1_480x.jpg 20130821ACCN_006_cs1e1_480x.jpg

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I'm stickin with Black. The Gold is interesting but for me it can't beat the all black front that the black iPhone has always had. Sleek. For me, just can't beat it!

3. teefar

teefar Member
    Bronze

Gotta see it in person but not impressed. I might have to switch to white this time if I upgrade to the S. I would have love to have see a silver one rather than this color.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I wasn't planning on upgrading my wife's iPhone, but will need a gold iPhone 5S on site for review. Guess it's going to be an expensive fall.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'd love to see a chrome (mirror like) iPhone

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

People would say Apple was copying Palm. (sorry, had to put a Palm Pre joke in there)

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You mean like the older iPod Touch? I really disliked that look and it scratched and showed smudges very easily, but it is personal preference and I'm sure a lot of people like it.

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Oh yes, true, that was awful!

9. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

I really like the gold colored one.

Sent from my smoking white hot iPhone 5 on AT&T.

10. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

I have white, and I like it.... but I will probably get the gold one... just to be different. I hope the new ipads are gold as well...

Sent using iCafe app

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Sadly if gold is introduced, the only different people will be the people forced to get black and white (after the gold sells out within 3.5 seconds of launch) :D

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, here's definitive proof of the champagne-colored iPhone. At the 18-second mark. Well, kinda sorta.

I can't take credit for this. My sister actually pointed it out to me.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This one? It looks just like the white iPhone 5 to me.
    image.jpg

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Probably just a trick of light reflection, but it looks more like a champagne iPhone than the white one above and behind her.

Besides, I posted this more as a goof than anything else.

15. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I'll probably stick with black when the iPhone 6 comes out next year.

Gonna pass on this version.

16. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I cannot believe the number of leaks this year. Other than myself, who doesn't have one of these back shells.

There are three more videos that cropped up yesterday, one better than the other.

#16 chris, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  17. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@chris I saw those videos yesterday. Thanks for putting them up. They are very revealing.

My first impression was that the black would be replaced with the Graphite (whatever they call the color) model but the last video the guy says that there will be four colors of the iPhone 5S. White, Black, Graphite and Gold. Do you think this is true? Do you think that Apple would put out two more colors to go with the traditional colors for the flagship iPhone 5S?

When the guy said that the gold and graphite color would be additions I was relieved. I don't want Apple to get rid of the Black option. That is the only color I like. I’d be forced to get the new color they offer instead.

I can't wait for these 11 days to pass! September 10th couldn't get here faster!

18. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Honestly, I'm not sure. None of the leaks show parts with FCC information. I'm also surprised at the number of leaks. One or two people getting a leaked product is one thing, but these are available on eBay and now multiple YouTubers are posting videos. One would think that factory workers can't exactly waltz out of manufacturing plant carrying a bag of iPhone 5S shells. Were these meant to be discarded?

The last video was done by Sonny Dickson, who if memory serves me, has a good track record. I didn't think the graphite was happening, but now I'm not so sure. After viewing that video, it does appear there is enough of difference to warrant it being made available next to the black/slate model. @Marianne said it would be her color of choice and so did @fury. Just two people, but I bet it would be a fairly popular color.

11 days will go oh so fast. Before you know it, it'll be the kickoff to the NFL season and iPhone season!

19. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Here's the video for those who haven't seen it as of yet.

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think there is pretty much no chance Apple would get rid of black. It's way too popular.