iMac New printer needed to be compatible with iMac. Any in mind?

DonnieBoston

Jul 7, 2014
My old canon ip600 isn't compatable with my iMac lap top it says the software is too old. Does anyone know of a new compatable printer in mind? Not too costly.... Thanks

DonnieBoston

Jul 7, 2014
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like all those drivers are experimental, and there is no driver for the canon ip1600 after I clicked on your gimp link. The one at staples looks good. I'm sure all the newer printers are made compatible with Apple, correct? And, yes I would prefer a color printer even tho I don't use it for pictures at all. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Yes, all new printers will be compatible with an iMac. If you're interested in printing from your iPad, you'll want to look for a printer that supports AirPrint.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Ok thanks for that info. Best for me to buy a printer that works for both the iPad and imac
If you want to print from your iPad you need to get an AirPrint compatible printer. For a list of AirPrint printers go to. Airprint printers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Not exactly sure what you mean by both but an AirPrint compatible printer is just a regular printer that will allow you to print from your I device too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida