New problem occurred, iMessage and two phones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iNurse

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2011
The Volunteer State of Tennessee
Ok, I have only her number now on her iMessage settings..... on mine there is my email and my number... I only checked my number.... the email is still there but not checked. Thank you so much. I will see how this goes! :)

raf66

Sep 26, 2012
Let us know, iNurse, as my daughter and I have had the same issue. And not to hijack the thread, but how did you set up a different iCloud account for your daughter, since she's on the same iTunes account with you? Is that something you set up on your daughter's phone, or is that something that you did through your shared iTunes account?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Let us know, iNurse, as my daughter and I have had the same issue. And not to hijack the thread, but how did you set up a different iCloud account for your daughter, since she's on the same iTunes account with you? Is that something you set up on your daughter's phone, or is that something that you did through your shared iTunes account?
You can have multiple iCloud/Apple IDs on the phone. One for the store, one for iCloud backup/photo stream/documents, one for Find My iPhone, one for iMessage, one for FaceTime, and one or more for iCloud email, contacts, calendars, reminders, bookmarks/tabs, notes. By default, iOS 6 setup makes you sign into your iCloud account and sets it up on all of these at once to save you time in not having to set the same address up on each thing individually.

So, if your iMessages are still crossfiring, try signing into your individual Apple IDs for iMessage. (Settings -> Messages -> Apple ID: Sign out, and sign in again)