New protection for iPhone at the Beach!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BegginJM

Jul 24, 2007
Upstate, SC
I wanted to take my iPhone to the beach and listen to some tunes, but was worried about sand and water getting in all the cracks. So I put it in a ziplock sandwhich bag after putting the earplugs in, zipped it up and put a piece of tape around the wire. No problems at all. Could still type and use all controls. I would have hate to damage it, but would have hated to not use it too! Just a little FYI.

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey
Beach

I take mine to the beach too. However, I just keep it in the leather pouch case I bought. Get's a little tanning oil and sand on the iPhone when you take it out, but it works fine for me.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I don't have a beach but one time I went to the pool. After playing with it for 20 minutes in the sun, the thing got so hot I thought it was gonna explode. I got way nervous and quickly ran inside to pamper and protect it. Aren't you guys worried about sun damage also?

ob123

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
i was playing hockey the other day and left my iPhone on the bench and when i picked it up on my way to leave it was burning hot i thought it was for sure broken, but suprisingly it wasn't

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California

oliegirl

Jul 6, 2007
Just out of curiosity, what ever happened to just relaxing and not being accessible? Isn't that the point of a vacation to begin with? I'm heading to the beach this Thursday with my family and although I'm bringing the iPhone with me (of course), I'm certainly not planning on taking it down to the pool/beach with me...it will be up in the condo with the ringer turned off. I can live without my email/texts/web for a couple hours at a time. Am I the only one who looks forward to being out of touch every now and then?

Disclaimer - I'm NOT bashing anyone here, please don't flame me :)