New: REAL Speed Dial App - Kicks Arse, Takes Names

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Forgive the post title, but it does ... take names that is, and the other.

Excellent new speed dial app now in Installer from Big Boss - no tel:// URL stuff and confirmation messages to call etc. - just one tap and it's dialing, and you can add pics for your speed dial entries as well.

One more very cool thing about it - it loads up the Contacts app in its main screen as well - so you've got the full Contacts address book and your speed dial entries via one launch icon - nice!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Forgive the post title, but it does ... take names that is, and the other.

Excellent new speed dial app now in Installer from Big Boss - no tel:// URL stuff and confirmation messages to call etc. - just one tap and it's dialing, and you can add pics for your speed dial entries as well.

One more very cool thing about it - it loads up the Contacts app in its main screen as well - so you've got the full Contacts address book and your speed dial entries via one launch icon - nice!
does it add an icon on the homescreen for each speed dial contact, or do you have to open the app to access the speed dial numbers?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
well, I can open the phone app, and my favs pop up, same with double clicking the home button. It's not really speed dial if you have to click more than once. Just my opinion. An icon on the homescreen to tap-to-call would be nice. I know there's a workaround for that, so I'm stuck with that option, I suppose.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
well, I can open the phone app, and my favs pop up, same with double clicking the home button. It's not really speed dial if you have to click more than once. Just my opinion. An icon on the homescreen to tap-to-call would be nice. I know there's a workaround for that, so I'm stuck with that option, I suppose.
Yeah, guess it's all about personal preferences - I like using the home button double-tap to launch Voice Dial right now, so having Speed Dial as another option that can pull up favorites and full Contacts app at once works ok for me I think - still sort of figuring out what works best now that all these new options are around ...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Yeah, guess it's all about personal preferences - I like using the home button double-tap to launch Voice Dial right now, so having Speed Dial as another option that can pull up favorites and full Contacts app at once works ok for me I think - still sort of figuring out what works best now that all these new options are around ...
how's that voice dial working now?