New report says iPhone 6 will be released on September 19

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Rafagon, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Not exactly news, though. A German carrier was telling its customers back in May to wait for the September 19 launch.

I believe it so much I've scheduled my next visit to see Mindi to include that date.

#2 Napoleon PhoneApart, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

My prediction has been the 19th. Also the 8th for the official announcement with iOS 8 released the 17th.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Chinese site Wei Feng is reporting (English Translation by Google) that only the larger (5.5-inch) variant of the iPhone 6 will be offered in a 128 GB capacity.

If Apple was planning to charge a $100 premium for the 5.5-inch iPhone 6, then it's good to hear that those hundred bucks will also get us 64 GB extra of storage.

However, I wouldn't put it past Apple to charge us even extra for the 128 GB version of the 5.5-inch model. Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake, and if they do it, they are going to have a lot of very unhappy customers.

#4 Rafagon, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I mentioned this in another thread, but more coverage couldn't hurt. :)

#5 Napoleon PhoneApart, Jun 26, 2014
  6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm guessing $499 on contract for the 128 gb 5.5" model. If they give all the new hardware to the 5.5", yes people will complain. They're expecting the premium price. Apple has always charged more for more gb. Why should the 5.5" be any different? Assuming all the rumors to be true, it appears Apple wants to make the 5.5" iPhone 6 phablet their flagship phone. I'm not sure I buy that.

#6 Ledsteplin, Jun 26, 2014
  7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

$499 for both the bigger screen and the bigger geebees is fair, and about as generous a deal as we can expect from Apple. Not cheap, but fair. People will complain, but perhaps unjustifiably so. What I was saying was that I hope it isn't $499 + a little extra for giving us 128 GB. That would be bad.

Apple lowered prices on its iPod Touches today, so that bodes well for iPhone 6 pricing as well, and probably indicates I was completely wrong to think there would be an extra charge for the 128 GB.

I'm not sure why, but that word has always irked me. I prefer the alternative, which I have just coined: tablone (tablet + phone).

8. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

but would you rather be PHABULOUS or a tabloner?

I am very interested in how the pricing goes. I will probably not buy on iDay this year because I will want to actually touch both models to see how they fit/feel in my hand to determine if I am really ready for a 5.5" model (or whatever size it ends up being). Also interested in how that pricing ends up in the AT&T Next pricing models compared to full price purchase and the affect that has on plan pricing since your plan pricing is different depending on how you purchase your device.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I hope the 4.7" will start with a base of 32 gb at $199 on contract. That's what I hope to get. 32 is plenty for me, since I don't put much music on my phone. Most photos I use Box for storage.

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I can't believe it, but I might just be going for the 5.5" (I'm biting my knuckles right now.) If the 5.5 will be the flagship iPhone with the better features and 128GB (reluctantly - unfortunately) I'm in. I will have to get used to and make plans to own and operate such a large device. LOL! 128GB is what I've been wanting in my iPhone since the 4s LOL, so that's one deciding factor. I can't believe I have stepped over into the Big A$$ (i)Phone world.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Until these "flagships"are announced, you've only stepped into a steaming mound of dog crap. This is all speculation at this point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

True, I think I'll calm down a bit. I'm recovering, no more meds, and giddy from being on a long summer vacation. I'm ultra sensitive.

13. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I don't think I am ready to go all the way to 128gb. I did go 64gb when the 5 came out since and it is working out just fine for me so I will probably stay in that arena for now.

14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

But I've read all this stuff already. :D

16. timus

timus New Member

But wasn't that one of the rival families of the Corleones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. timus

timus New Member

I held a 6.2" Mega in my hand yesterday and it fit perfectly. I don't understand quibbling over a size which allows you to read without frantic reverse pinching. In future, any phone with less than a 5" screen will be sold at Toys 'r Us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Some folks have small hands and/or pockets. :)

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Some of us have smaller hands than you and use our phones single-handedly. I can read content on my 4" screen just fine without zooming.