New Ringtones

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Added a few specifically related to telephone calls:

1. Telephone Line (ELO)

2. Don't Answer Me (Alan Parsons, I see this being used for people whom you plan to ignore... :D )

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Something Just happened when i saved your ringtones and then clicked on them Joe, i lost all my music and video from my iPhone. I did a restore but it wont sync any music or video from my iTunes library...any thoughts as to what i might have done?

Ok 2nd restore seemed to have fixed the problem..whatever it was..phew

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Great ringtones, thanks Joe.
I was wondering where do the files go when i click on the ringtone? They don't show up with my purchased ringtones in my iTunes/ringtone folder.
They seem to go in an iTunes/artistname folder for me. What I generally do is put them in the ringtones folder and then drag them to iTunes.

No idea why your music went bye-bye - haven't had that happen to me.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Can I just drop them into the ringtones folder? When I drag one onto the desktop it is a xxx.m4r.webloc, which I have not seen before. Do I need to convert these in any way, and I just do not know what I am doing?

thanks!

Not sure what you would do on a Mac, but on a PC, you should right-click, pick "Save as", and save them to a directory. From there, drag them into iTunes.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Not sure what you would do on a Mac, but on a PC, you should right-click, pick "Save as", and save them to a directory. From there, drag them into iTunes.
Joe, I am sorry for my lack of knowledge. I right clicked it (ctrl click on mac, from what I learned here elsewhere), but when I tell it to save as .m4r, it saves as .m4r.txt and I get a whole bunch of text junk instead of a ringtone.

Maybe another kind mac person can help me out. I may be missing an obvious step.

thanks again!

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
You can just go to the info on the file and get rid of the .txt on it and make it a pure .M4R if im not mistaken.....Its been awhile since ive been on a mac, lol :)

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
OK... Here's some more...

Get Down Tonight: Sooooo '70s.

Bad To The Bone: Gotta love the opening riff..

Urgent: "That's why you call me in the middle of the night..." GF ringtone?

Hotel California: A little more subtle.

Notorious: With the (gasp!) amplified. :)

Girls On Film: For all the models who call you....

Some Like It Hot: Drum intro goodness...

Time: LOUD. UNMISTAKABLE. And great for an alarm sound!

Run Like Hell: Floyd goodness....

Hey You: Awesome guitar/bass intro.

Have A Cigar: Another awesome intro.

Enjoy!

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Thanks Joe! When I tried them on my PC they opened iTunes and went right into iTunes ringtones. Unfortunately my iPhone is synched to my imac at home. Hope I can load them to iTunes from there and get them on the phone.

Any chance you can do one from "I feel Good" by chuck berry? Sorry for the request but I can't seem to do it through garage band.