New Samsungcrap, err phone

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Just fooled around with a co-workers new Samsung instinct i think it is. Let me tell you that I was very unimpressed. Felt like a plastic piece of crap. Touch screen wasn't nearly as responsive and i had to punch the screen. No smooth scrolling like the iPhone.

Man when Jobs says that it's 5 years ahead of other phones, he isn't kidding.

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
My friend just got one and to be honest I didn't think it was all that bad. I have probably played with the iPhone a little more and would agree that the quality is probably a little better but I am curious to how the 3G will compare to the Instinct. I am with Verizon now and I was going to switch to AT&T and get an iPhone but now they are jacking up their plans to where it doesn't make much sense anymore. Sprint is really competitive with $99 unlimited everything. I can't believe others are still charging $$ for texts.

Anyone else have thoughts on the instinct vs iPhone?

TagsxA

Jun 26, 2008
Well, he does have an iPhone...
He knows what he's talking about ;)
I completely agree. I played with my friends instinct and I couldn't find a single thing that wowed me on it. Menu system is so anti-user friendly. I was also disgusted with how small the screen is and how useless the browser was. If you can't scale your browser like the iPhone, you will never be purchased by me.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I completely agree. I played with my friends instinct and I couldn't find a single thing that wowed me on it. Menu system is so anti-user friendly. I was also disgusted with how small the screen is and how useless the browser was. If you can't scale your browser like the iPhone, you will never be purchased by me.
The plastic screens are a big non selling point after having the iPhone.
....and not to mention the iPhone's touch screen is a "TOUCH SCREEN", unlike the other phones "touch me a few times to work screen" if that makes sense.