New Seido INNOCASE for iPhone

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
This might be the closest to perfect case out there for the iPhone. Shipping starting 1/28/08. It has the thinnest form like the original seido with the fully open screen look of the agent 18. Only problem is it appears it won't fully cover the chrome bezel at the top? Looks pretty nice though. Comes in black, burgundy or blue.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=936

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
I still do not understand the point of hard cases...if I drop the phone while it is in a hard case, then the impact of the fall will travel through the hard case, and straight to the iPhone...it just doesn't add up to me...

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I'm not usually the type to use any case but the iPhone is so difficult to keep nice. Even with a full body shield the chrome edge part of the bezel outlining the screen seems to get scratched up. So I've been trying to find a super slim case that will protect the iPhone w/o adding any bulk and I hear the soft cases will attract lint and dust.

Posted fr. iPhone

Sculder

Dec 26, 2007
This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I liked Seidio products because of the customer satisfaction. I looked hard at their rubberized hard case, but constant complaints of "clicking" from this and other forums turned me away. This case is the PERFECT solution! I wanted something to keep the profile down on the phone, but protect at least three sides of it.

I agree with what you're saying about getting a hard case doesn't prevent against dropping or hard impact, but I've been more worried about when I lay my phone down on tables, place in glove compartments, etc. I don't want to scratch the back with the aluminum and nice shiny Apple :). I also miss the "grippy" feeling that my Moto Q had with the soft touch paint; this would give that back to me so when I'm talking on the phone I don't feel like I'll drop it.

Please post a review of this case once you receive it. I'm anxious to hear the outcome.

Bumfudley

Sep 20, 2007
This case looks great, so close to what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the fact that it doesn't entirely cover the chrome bezel is sort of a deal breaker. If only Seidio made their other rubberized case with a top/bottom latching mechanism like this one, it would be perfect. What's the point of not protecting the most scratch-prone part of the iPhone? The case looks unfinished because of this fact.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
This case looks great, so close to what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the fact that it doesn't entirely cover the chrome bezel is sort of a deal breaker. If only Seidio made their other rubberized case with a top/bottom latching mechanism like this one, it would be perfect. What's the point of not protecting the most scratch-prone part of the iPhone? The case looks unfinished because of this fact.
My thoughts exactly but I'm waiting to see one in real life as they might cover the chrome in the final production units. Look at these pics. It's almost as if they are still prototypes as you'll notice the red & blue version appear to cover the entire chrome. If they turn out like they are pictured in the red & blue versions it would be the perfect case. Scroll down the page to see detailed photos.

http://phonedifferent.com/2008/01/best_of_iphone_cases_at_macwor.html

Bumfudley

Sep 20, 2007
My thoughts exactly but I'm waiting to see one in real life as they might cover the chrome in the final production units. Look at these pics. It's almost as if they are still prototypes as you'll notice the red & blue version appear to cover the entire chrome. If they turn out like they are pictured in the red & blue versions it would be the perfect case. Scroll down the page to see detailed photos.

http://phonedifferent.com/2008/01/best_of_iphone_cases_at_macwor.html
Hmmm... Interesting. I certainly hope that's the case. The red and blue cases actually look fantastic. If they cover the chrome, I might just go for the blue one. Also looks like you can dock the phone by removing the bottom part. :)

UPDATE: On closer inspection, the pictures of the red and blue versions on that page seem to be iPod Touch versions of the case. Notice the position of the sleep/wake switch and lack of a headphone hole on top.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Wow for the first time there is a case that I am seriously considering. This looks pretty kick ass. From the picks it looks like it might have a rubbery texture, but you can never be sure of the feeling of the material unless you hold it in your hand.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
UPDATE: On closer inspection, the pictures of the red and blue versions on that page seem to be iPod Touch versions of the case. Notice the position of the sleep/wake switch and lack of a headphone hole on top.
Hmm. Interesting. I wonder why theres no mention of any ipod touch products on the seido site? the innocase is up, pics and everything. If your right, it dosen't look good for us.

firewire said:
Wow for the first time there is a case that I am seriously considering. This looks pretty kick ass. From the picks it looks like it might have a rubbery texture, but you can never be sure of the feeling of the material unless you hold it in your hand.
They describe it as having a rubberized finish. I believe it is a refinement of the seido rubberized hardcase and will probably have the same feel.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Hmm. Interesting. I wonder why theres no mention of any ipod touch products on the seido site? the innocase is up, pics and everything. If your right, it dosen't look good for us.
Take a look at their site. http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=936

The two color options are clearly iPhones. You can tell because of the openings, visible chrome bezel and their exact position of the bottom cutout.

Now take a look over here:http://phonedifferent.com/2008/01/best_of_iphone_cases_at_macwor.html

Scroll to the bottom and click on the pics to get a better look. Here, the color versions of the case are obviously touches. Notice the lack of openings, no visible chrome bezel, the length of the bottom piece, and the difference in the corners, when compared to the black one in those pics.

What I am getting at is that the seido innocase definitely has these three colors available for the iPhone, as the former link I posted indicates. So no worries we got all three to choose from.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Take a look at their site. http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=936

Now take a look over here:http://phonedifferent.com/2008/01/best_of_iphone_cases_at_macwor.html

Scroll to the bottom and click on the pics to get a better look. Here, the color versions of the case are obviously touches. Notice the lack of openings, no visible chrome bezel, the length of the bottom piece, and the difference in the corners, when compared to the black one in those pics.

What I am getting at is that the seido innocase definitely has these three colors available for the iPhone, as the former link I posted indicates. So no worries we got all three to choose from.
I wonder why they are not advertising/selling the touch caces then. I understand all three colors are available, if you would've read a few posts back, I'm just hoping the chrome will be covered in the final version that ships for the iPhone.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I wonder why they are not advertising/selling the touch caces then. I understand all three colors are available, if you would've read a few posts back, I'm just hoping the chrome will be covered in the final version that ships for the iPhone.
Interesting, as I actually prefer it with the chrome bezel showing. It looks like the touch version does not show it, however. But that doesn't help you.

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I still do not understand the point of hard cases...if I drop the phone while it is in a hard case, then the impact of the fall will travel through the hard case, and straight to the iPhone...it just doesn't add up to me...

do you have a brain ?

that's probably the most retarted comment ever ..:mad:

just ask your self this....what's the point of a helmet...:p

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
This might be the closest to perfect case out there for the iPhone. Shipping starting 1/28/08. It has the thinnest form like the original seido with the fully open screen look of the agent 18. Only problem is it appears it won't fully cover the chrome bezel at the top? Looks pretty nice though. Comes in black, burgundy or blue.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=936
If you look really closely, you can see that the case is not snapped together in the pic showing the bezel. This may be for display reasons? If snapped together, it may cover the entire bezel. This looks sweet, may have to trade in my old Seidio for one of these. I like the fully open screen area better. Agent18 seems too thick, these look perfect.

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
This looks sweet, may have to trade in my old Seidio for one of these. I like the fully open screen area better. Agent18 seems too thick, these look perfect.
May I ask. Have you held up the seido next to the agent18, how much thinner is it? I checked out the agent18 in the Apple store but it just made the iPhone way too thick. I may still be purchasing the original seido hardcase should this new innocase not cover the chrome. Also does your existing seido cover the chrome on the sides well? Thanks!

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
May I ask. Have you held up the seido next to the agent18, how much thinner is it? I checked out the agent18 in the Apple store but it just made the iPhone way too thick. I may still be purchasing the original seido hardcase should this new innocase not cover the chrome. Also does your existing seido cover the chrome on the sides well? Thanks!
I have not had them right next to each other, but I handled an Agent 18 in the Apple store. The Seidio is definitely thinner, not by a lot, but it is thinner. I am pretty happy with mine, the clicking noise is a little annoying though.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I have not had them right next to each other, but I handled an Agent 18 in the Apple store. The Seidio is definitely thinner, not by a lot, but it is thinner. I am pretty happy with mine, the clicking noise is a little annoying though.
I have an invisible shield full body skin on mine. Do you think it would still fit in the case or is it too tight a fit?