New Seido INNOCASE for iPhone

rennyn

Bronze
And speaking of.. received my case earlier this week, been using it. Will post review soon.

P.S. Best case I've tried or seen yet, and that's coming from someone with about 5 close friends with iPhones, all with different brands of cases.

peels36

Jul 31, 2007
best case ever.
i've used the BSE full body skin since day one (literally, since the BSE was released, about a week after the iPhone) and when this case came out I finally purchased a case. It is the best case out there. Hard case with the rubbery feel, looks seamless on the iPhone. People have asked me if i had a red iPhone. Holding it in the hand actually feels better because of the rubbery feel. Looks great with the chrome bezel showing, looks absolutely fantastic!

Definitely shouldn't cost $34, but you can't get anything better for cheaper so bite the bullet. Haven't seen the blue one but the black and maroon look amazing.

NOTE:
I had to remove the back portion of the BSE because it would not fit the case. Doesn't matter tho because the inside of the case is lined with felt to prevent scratches.

THIS CASE IS AMAZING. Can't say enough good things about it!

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
I've had my blue Innocase and holster combo now for about a week. I just recently upgraded to a 16GB iPhone (was within my 14 day return window for the 8GB one) and in doing so took off the case. No scratches on the bezel or anywhere to be found. So I stuck it on my 16GB one and it'll be there from now on.

I've gotten a TON of "Wow, can I see that?" comments. The metallic finish on these things really is an eye catcher. I also love how it shows a hint of bezel all the way around...really shows off the face of the iPhone!

Great case....such a radical design improvement from the older Seidio case styles.

rht987s

Oct 26, 2007
Arrival time

Hello. I was wondering how long it took for you guys to get your innocase. I ordered mine on Jan. 31st from seidio, but still haven't got a tracking number. By the way I ordered black, but from the pics posted the colored ones are starting to grow on me.

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Hello. I was wondering how long it took for you guys to get your innocase. I ordered mine on Jan. 31st from seidio, but still haven't got a tracking number. By the way I ordered black, but from the pics posted the colored ones are starting to grow on me.
These have been very popular and we have had some backorders. Please email your order number to forum@seidio.com and I'll be happy to check on your order.

Thanks

Theotherjoseph

Jan 23, 2008
Thanks to everyone who posted pics of this case. I just received mine and its the best case that I have owned yet. I think seido hit a home run with this one! my agent 18 and artwizz seejacket are going on ebay.

Sculder

Dec 26, 2007
Ok, I've had the case for almost three weeks now. I can tell you the pros and cons now (believe it or not it does have cons)...

Pros:
  • Protects the phone well (I've dropped it a couple of times, not a scratch on the case or the phone)
  • The rubbery feeling is fantastic. Easy to grip.
  • Small form factor
Cons:

• After putting in your pocket and pulling it out, it does show some wear and tear on the lip of the case that surrounds the bezel. I can look at the case in the light and see that the soft touch paint (the grip part) of the case has rubbed off there.
  • I've only taken the case off once (actually yesterday). I did notice a scratch on the phone caused by the bottom part of the case where the side latches meet with the upper portion of the case. The scratch wouldn't have been that noticeable; however it's on the black antenna section of the phone and exposes a white/silver underlayer.
  • You can't dock it. I know most cases won't allow docking, but I think it's still a "con" of this case. As I stated above, taking off the bottom portion of the case has a tendency to scratch the phone, so why risk taking the lower portion of the case off to dock it? If someone has found a way to dock the phone with this case, please let me know!

Even though it does have its pros and cons like any other case out there, I can say I am still satisfied with this product and would recommend it to anyone.

saphira

Feb 9, 2008
Reading the reviews I went ahead and ordered one. I wanted blue but purchased mine on ebay and there was only clear and black available. For as expensive as they are, they shouldn't scratch the phone, which worries me.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Does anyone know details about the holster? I purchased the slim rubberized seidio case and holster combo a while back and love the case. But then I saw this case and had to have it but want to know if it fits in the same holster?

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Does anyone know details about the holster? I purchased the slim rubberized seidio case and holster combo a while back and love the case. But then I saw this case and had to have it but want to know if it fits in the same holster?
yes I called Seidio and they said the holster from the older version will work.

I just one question how "rubbery" the blue innocase. I mean is it more shiny/metallic the rubberized part?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
yes I called Seidio and they said the holster from the older version will work.
Awesome, thanks Nirav. I ordered the black case over the weekend. Ive never been more excited about a stupid phone case. Its like Im waiting for a case full of cash or something.

I just one question how "rubbery" the blue innocase. I mean is it more shiny/metallic the rubberized part?
Someone else will have to answer this one. The old slim rubberzed case I have now is pretty nice. Its like a mix between plastic and rubber (hard to explain). My black one is not shiny at all so I cant speak about the blue one.

bigdog8815

Jul 31, 2007
Allen, Tx
To me, the rubbery part is almost perfect...gives enough of a feel to get a good grip, but not to much so that the phone might get stuck in a pocket. The color of the blue one, which I just put on my phone, is a deep dark blue/black metallic look. I wouldn't call it shiny though. I have already had many compliments on this case in the hour it has been sitting on my desk.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Just got mine today!

So I ordered my case this past Saturday and got it today, not a bad turn around. Instead of starting another thread for my brief review I figured I would add it here.

Ive had three cases so far. The case logic leather case (don't remember the exact name) it was very bulk and made me feel like I was carrying around my laptop on my hip. I then got the Seidio slim rubberized case with holster and I liked it a lot. A few of the things I didn't like were the clicking noise that I had to add a piece of toilet paper inside to stop. I also didn't like that it was connected along the sides of the phone making it difficult to take the phone out of the case to put on the dock.
The new Innocase addressed those cons and really fits my needs perfectly. Not only does it look better than any case Ive seen, (I love being able to see the bezel), but the snug fit makes this case perfect. There i no wiggle room. The same pro can also be considered a con since it is might tough to get the bottom of the case off once its on. The instructions say to listen for a click, mine still hasn't clicked. However, once you take it off a few times you get the hang of removing it and its much easier. This makes it nice for docking in the OEM dock.
Another thing about the Slim Rubberized I had before was that it wasn't to sturdy. I dropped my phone once and the case popped open and my phone slid across the floor. This will not happen with the Innocase. The iPhone feels much more protected.
Anyway, I wont ramble on. I didn't get to much time to get pictures but here is a few...

Here it is in the dock...

Here it is facing out in the holster. I normally wear it facing in but I love how it looks like this too...

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
great pics! ok so it can face in or out..
To be honest, Im not sure if it is intended to face out. It takes some force to get the holster to snap into place when I put it this way but still feels very secure. You kinda have to push in on the top of the phone while pushing down on the top on the holster.

let me ask you, which theme is that?
It is called Black Jain Dim and was made by Matt Davis aka Gametroll. He also makes one called Plain Jain Dim and Plain Jain. They are all very nice themes. I always switch up themes but alwasy come back to his. Here is a screen shot of my phone running Plain Jain Dim....

Here is his thread...
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/plainjain-plainjaindim-and-blackjaindim-update.16635/

Last edited by a moderator:

rht987s

Oct 26, 2007
Rubber Peeling?

I just put on my innocase. I noticed that on the front of the case around the bezel the rubber material is peeling off revealing just the hard plastic. It has never been dropped. Has anyone else noticed this? Hopefully it doesn't continue to peel.

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
I just put on my innocase. I noticed that on the front of the case around the bezel the rubber material is peeling off revealing just the hard plastic. It has never been dropped. Has anyone else noticed this? Hopefully it doesn't continue to peel.

is one of the colored ones or the black one?

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
hey imerlin can u send me the folders for the plain jain themes because for somereason MMi is down for me and i can't download it off of installer thanks.

my email is nirav464@gmail.com