New server ordered

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I just completed my order for a new server for eiC. The server will go online this Wednesday. Shortly thereafter, the migration will occur. I'm planning to contract someone to assist with the migration and working to create the fastest possible server.

I used the go big or go home philosophy. Faster processor, double the RAM. It's a beast. Coupling that with a professional behind the wheel (not me), it should make for an awesome user experience.

I'll update this thread as we progress through the change. I hope to minimize any downtime. Typically with these moves, the old server will have posting disabled. So if in the next week you are unable to post, it's likely that the DNS for the new site hasn't propagated to your IP. That can take a few hours.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The server is online. Just waiting for the migration to occur. If I'm correct, he's going to start tonight. Actually, tonight his time, which is in the U.K.

So if posting isn't working, it's because it was disabled as a result of the move. It's not something I've screwed up.