New site record

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
In all the release date frenzy yesterday did anyone notice that we hit a new high for users online at one time? Previously it had been 267 on Jan 10, the day of the Macworld keynote. Yesterday at 8pm we hit 303 users online. In fact, last night at 8pm I couldn't even get on to the site.

Sure glad Chris is taking the premptive step of moving to a bigger server. 'because on 6/29 I think it's going to be crazy around these parts! :)

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
In all the release date frenzy yesterday did anyone notice that we hit a new high for users online at one time? Previously it had been 267 on Jan 10, the day of the Macworld keynote. Yesterday at 8pm we hit 303 users online. In fact, last night at 8pm I couldn't even get on to the site.

Sure glad Chris is taking the premptive step of moving to a bigger server. 'because on 6/29 I think it's going to be crazy around these parts! :)
yes, I tried, but I couldn't get on the site either,,, doh!

Regardless, I do agree, and think that not only will June 29th, be a big traffic day on this site, but again, I'm predicting a thread of people/forum users with their new iPhone purchase! :)

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I think we should have a special thread set up that day for the first person to make a post through their iPhone. :laugh2:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It's been a combination of excitement and frustration. I've been working with technicians on keeping the current server online, but it's been difficult. The existing server just can't cut it and the new servers (yes, we're moving to 2) aren't deployed yet. I've been working with both companies. One to keep the current online and the other to expedite the deployment of the new servers. As soon as their deployed, we'll migrate ASAP to the new servers.

Geez, Apple couldn't wait a few more days.:(

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
If you don't mind me asking, who are you hosting with? (From the IP block = SoftLayer?)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you don't mind me asking, who are you hosting with? (From the IP block = SoftLayer?)
I currently have a dedicated server with SoftLayer. I'm moving to a pair of servers at LayeredTech. If it were just one box, it would be a major improvement spec wise. This new setup will allow functions to be split between the servers.

Just waiting on servers to be deployed and then we move. It cannot come soon enough. If only I had done this a few days ago.

-Chris

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
We have got to have 2 main threads o nthese days:

1 giant thread for the night of 6/28
and another for that day...

otherwise it would just be chaos

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I have looked at many and this is the site to be at for sure!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
We have got to have 2 main threads o nthese days:

1 giant thread for the night of 6/28
and another for that day...

otherwise it would just be chaos
Oh, there will be chaos, but the good kind.

-Chris

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I noticed the site was down this afternoon for quite a while. Glad to hear you're preparing for the rush.

May 6, 2007
United States
I didn't know that it was a new record, but I as well could not get on the site last night. I couldn't quite figure out what was wrong, other than that there was a lot of site traffic for some reason. And then I saw the ads and I was going, "Ohhhhhhh..." :p

Any ways, I think there will be a new record on June 11th :D

SO MANY NEW TOPICS LOL

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
It's 372 now and climbing. I smell smoke...

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Just wait till this thing is released.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Yet another record today. 404 users online in the six o'clock hour. :laugh2: