new Sleep/Wake button problem

virun2000

Jan 5, 2008
hi i'm experiencing a problem on my iPhone that when i press the sleep/wake button while i'm talking on the iPhone it ends the call rather than just locking the phone....

please help..! thankyou!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
... or is the person on the other end just getting bored of you playing with your iPhone during a call and is hanging up?

Sorry - I was joking of course. It certainly shouldn't. Mine doesn't but I must admit I couldn't work out why I'd want to lock the phone during a conversation.

It's not a 'feature' that gets enabled if you have call forwarding or some other call service enabled is it?

virun2000

Jan 5, 2008
i just talk on the phone for long and i use my ear phone set so if i just place the phone somewhere it won't get locked thats why i press the lock button to lock so that the lights would go off...so any solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
i just talk on the phone for long and i use my ear phone set so if i just place the phone somewhere it won't get locked thats why i press the lock button to lock so that the lights would go off...so any solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance
never tried it on headphones. brb

Nope - mine just locks the phone in the same way as it does without headphones.

I'd try a restart, then a restore, but I think that's all you have as options sort of taking it back to Apple.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
sh** man :( thnx anywayz

Also you can go into settings/general/auto-lock you may have your screen setting to Never, in which case the screen will never go dark, or you can select 2 or 3 minutes and the screen will go dark automatically. If that is what you are looking for.