New Sources for Games?

onrock884

Feb 18, 2008
Does anyone have any good sources for third-party app games?

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Good games to consider

Does anyone have any good sources for third-party app games?
Some of my favorite games that are not on the generic Games list are not being hosted by any repository and require manual installation:

Scrabble (very addicting if you have friends to play with)
Pool
snes4iPhone (via zodttd repository)

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Well, I found Scrabble here: http://groups.google.com/group/jiggyapp-devel/files

If they allow for off-site linking, I could try to put up a Scrabble Install up for you on my source, but unfortunately I am going to have to pass on hosting the file myself if they don't allow me to off-link it. The file is 1.5 megs compressed, 5.6 uncompressed. Thats a lot more bandwidth than I'd like expend.

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Scrabble... is great.

I am trying to find the source for Scrabble as well.. but I cannot.
There is no source yet. It has not been updated in over a month, and it's still a pre-release. It must be manually installed, which is definitely worth it. Takes 20 seconds. (Turn on SSH, load your ftp client, connect, drag Scrabble to applications... - just painless, but the real joy of Installer is updates, which we haven't seen in quite awhile.)

I LOVE SCRABBLE! Great game, a few bugs which you can avoid/fix. Just NEED save on quit and an AI would be especially nice.