New Sprint "iPhone for life" plans

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by snowtrooper1966, Sep 12, 2014.

1. snowtrooper1966

Gold

These new plans look promising, featuring unlimited talk, txt and data (only carrier to offer this for a flat rate {$50} I believe) and 0 out the door at point of sale....
    Going to go down today and pre order our 6's, will have more details.

Single line:

image.jpg

Multi line:

image.jpg

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Waltzed into local Sprint store @ 945 (rep let us in 15 mins early) and preordered 2 6+'s:

sprint.JPG

@MrsSnowtrooper1966 WAS happy with the 5S she got 2 months ago, until she saw the keynote. Was specifically into Apple pay and the better camera functions, as well as looking for better integration with the Apple watch she is expecting for late Christmas present :D

We only had 2 lines on our "Framily" plan, as they had just fully subsidized her 5S to get use off our old unlimited family plan. So, we upgraded my line, and added another under the "iPhone for life", both now under the new plan, but part of the "Framily" master.
    As we add more members, her 5S line will reduce in monthly payment till we bottom out @ $25.

Snowtrooper1966 Jr will be getting her (old) 5S for his 9th birthday gift (the 16th) a few days late....:D

While we were not "gauranteed" delivery of my 6+ 128GB Space Gray or her 6+ 64GB Gold on launch day, we were the first in-store preorders, and from past experience with these same reps over the past 4 launches, the upper tier models seem to be more available on launch day VS the lower cost models.

Whatever happens, we will have options. As 1st preorders, can take our pick of what's available if ours are not there, or wait.....

#2 snowtrooper1966, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  3. Designed4Him

Designed4Him New Member

Like you I went to the Sprint store. I was the second customer. I ordered the 6+ 64 GB in silver. I was told by a rep that majority of the devices they will get in will be the people who pre-ordered at the store. They will probably only get 1 or 2 additional devices.

4. snowtrooper1966

Gold

We were out the door for $0, and won't be on the hook for anything when we pick them up next Friday.

Will take the dough from selling my unlocked & JB'd 5 to buy AppleCare + for both devices, and maybe a case for hers.

Kind if nice not to have to let the market price of my old device dictate what I'm getting when upgrading....

5. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Did u do the "iPhone for life" plan?

6. Designed4Him

Designed4Him New Member

I did an Easy Pay plan! I am excited. Hopefully I wasn't given misinformation since I paid for it today and it was a corporate store.

7. snowtrooper1966

Gold

@Designed4Him

So u just paid the sales tax?

Did u ask about the new plan?

It includes unlimited talk, txt and data for 50 bucks....

8. Designed4Him

Designed4Him New Member

They told me but I like to upgrade every year so that's not the plan for me.

9. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

How does the lease plan work? Do you give up your phone every year so you never own it?

10. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Yep.
    I'm OK w that, I get rid of 'em anyway when I upgrade....

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yeah, but I usually get rid of mine in exchange for other peoples' money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Which in my case go towards the upgrade anyway....:D

13. Designed4Him

Designed4Him New Member

I was gifting mine to family members so I quit.

With the lease it's every two years and no the phone isn't yours at the end

14. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Half our order came in on time, MrsSnowtrooper is still waiting patiently for hers.....

6+.jpg 6+A.jpg

15. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

If you pay off the installment the phone is yours if you trade it in at 12 or 18mos to upgrade you surrender the phone it has to be in good working order and no broken glass

16. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

The deal is great but Sprint has extremely slow service. I mean......SLOW! If you don't rely on data too often then it's a nice deal.

17. snowtrooper1966

Gold

yes, dunno WHAT I was thinking ;)

FullSizeRender.jpg

18. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Try going inside a building or traveling to NYC with Sprint. It is horrible but if you get good service where you need it then good for you!

19. Designed4Him

Designed4Him New Member

It was places where I didn't have service and yesterday I had a signal everywhere. My phone didn't drop not one call and normally I would have dropped 5. I'm excited for Sprint Spark but my true test will be today when I visit Kankakee, IL

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator