New Summerboard Update

Azteka

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
The 707
Damn! how do u change to a older version?

it doesn't have an option to skip the forth row! it blocks my TEXT :(

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
yeah thats pissin me off.. for now the work around for meis turning dock to off

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Damn! how do u change to a older version?

it doesn't have an option to skip the forth row! it blocks my TEXT :(
they changed the option to: Skip Last Row.

Same function buddy.

Azteka

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
The 707
they changed the option to: Skip Last Row.

Same function buddy.
no its not the same function!...

u have to have the dock OFF in order to have the 4th row off...if u have MINI or LARGE...the 4th row is not skiped!...check it out if u don't believe me......

psychoticpanda

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
New York
does not work correctly..
your first row of extra apps stays unskipped then it skips after that
hit "hide dock labels".. and it will be back to normal. that is the only way i no how, sacrifice 4 dock labels for it.. i suggest u get rid of the dock labels,they are pretty useless anyways. :cool:

psychoticpanda

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
New York
no its not the same function!...

u have to have the dock OFF in order to have the 4th row off...if u have MINI or LARGE...the 4th row is not skiped!...check it out if u don't believe me......
ohh well yeah thats the same thing but you posted it while i was writing my post above... so i didn't no. sorry or useless posts. :sick:

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I don't know what to tell all of you guys.

It works seamlessly for me.

I do have one theory if you all use rsbt.

Change rSBT settings so that your "springboard" section only has 4 icons in it.

Move everything else to the "extended SB" section.

Im guessing you guys may have more then the original 12 Icons in the "SpringBoard" section and it thereforee skips the last row in that section.

Moving the icons down will not in any way change the way they scroll or show up in order.

Try it out and let me know.

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
you should.

its a great app.. Very powerful tool. Just try it out and if it doesn't fix your problem and you don't find another use for it, delete it.

It allows you to arrange icons however you want.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
you should.

its a great app.. Very powerful tool. Just try it out and if it doesn't fix your problem and you don't find another use for it, delete it.

It allows you to arrange icons however you want.
Agree. In conjunction with rSBT and the upcoming update of DockSwap (which is reportedly working on a version that will be Summerboard friendly), one can customize their home screen with minimal tweaking. With the BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH installed in your phone, sky's the limit! Imagine, it's only been 2 1/2 months since the iPhone's launch and we've already come this far! Props to the dev team!

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
The new Summerboard is cool. The Louie theme is really nice.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Agree. In conjunction with rSBT and the upcoming update of DockSwap (which is reportedly working on a version that will be Summerboard friendly), one can customize their home screen with minimal tweaking. With the BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH installed in your phone, sky's the limit! Imagine, it's only been 2 1/2 months since the iPhone's launch and we've already come this far! Props to the dev team!
You don't need to bother with DockSwap anymore IMO. Themes for Summerboard can include the dock, wallpaper, icons, etc. They are starting to pop up like crazy too, in Installer at least. And it's very easy to create your own too. Just make a folder in var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes and place you PNG files in it (e.g., placing Dock.png in the folder will cause the theme to only replace the dock image).

What else does DockSwap do that would make it still relevant, aside from being able to preview dock images? (Just curious, as I don't use it.)

--
Mike

bgattis

Sep 10, 2007
How do you get the 5 icon to show up on the Dock? I have checked the box to turn it on but I still only have the default 4 icons.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
How do you get the 5 icon to show up on the Dock? I have checked the box to turn it on but I still only have the default 4 icons.
You need to go into rSBT and set dock icons to 5 too.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, having to use both rSBT and SMBPrefs to control the Springboard (Summerboard) is starting to get confusing.

I suspect rSBT's functionality will get added to Summerboard.

--
Mike

bgattis

Sep 10, 2007
You need to go into rSBT and set dock icons to 5 too.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, having to use both rSBT and SMBPrefs to control the Springboard (Summerboard) is starting to get confusing.

I suspect rSBT's functionality will get added to Summerboard.

--
Mike

Thanks. That worked well. Summerboard is pretty cool. Now I just have to figure out how to get more themes and icons on here other then the 5 that come with summerboard.