new symbol in status bar

dkfny

Mar 8, 2009
could anyone tell me what the red phone mext to the battery indicator means?

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Because doing so voilates the nondisclosure agreement with Apple.

-K

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Maybe he should clarify if he's using 3.0? It said new symbol, not new software ;)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I had this a while ago, give me a few and I'll find out what the thread ended up with. It's been a while...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think i know what he's talking about.
It's an icon indicating a blocked call by McCleaner.
I have screen shoots and discussion here: http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/phone-icon-next-to-battery.29990/

To the OP, take a look at that thread. If that is what you are asking about then it's McCleaner. If that does not match what you are asking about, then take a screen shot and show us. And if you are running 3.0 Beta, then edit the screenshot so that nothing else is recognizable to keep yourself from getting into any trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Maybe he should clarify if he's using 3.0? It said new symbol, not new software ;)
True, that was my presumption. OP, if the symbol is part of the 3.0 icon set, then please don't post a shot. Thx.

-K

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Did you not receive a PDF file with your DMG download?

The use of this pre-release software is governed by the Confidentiality agreement
covered in your Registered iPhone Developer Terms and Conditions with Apple and
any information Apple collects is subject to the terms of our privacy policy.
Pre–release software is Apple confidential information. Your unauthorized distribution
of pre–release software or disclosure of information relating to pre–release software
(including the posting of screen shots) may subject you to both civil and criminal
liability and result in immediate termination of your iPhone Developer Program
Membership.
That was in the PDF. Since you can't use it unless your UDID was registered with Apple, you did agree to those terms when you handed over your UDID to the developer that registered it for you, so you are bound by the NDA.

I don't think it is totally about you getting into trouble. Kabeyun has asked you not to post them on EIC, so just respect his wishes, regardless of whether you feel you entered into a NDA. I've also asked the individuals that are testing under my dev license to refrain from posting pics anywhere.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Oh I wasn't planning on going against EiC policy, I was just wondering if there was any way I could get in legal trouble for breaking an NDA I never signed. Sure, I saw the PDF but I never agreed to it. Does it say that installing 3.0 means that you are, in effect, signing a NDA? And please don't just say "yes" unless you've read it.

Apple is so weird with their policies. They showcased the whole OS and put it on their website, there are no secrets to be contained in the screenshots. Dumb.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Oh I wasn't planning on going against EiC policy, I was just wondering if there was any way I could get in legal trouble for breaking an NDA I never signed. Sure, I saw the PDF but I never agreed to it. Does it say that installing 3.0 means that you are, in effect, signing a NDA? And please don't just say "yes" unless you've read it.

Apple is so weird with their policies. They showcased the whole OS and put it on their website, there are no secrets to be contained in the screenshots. Dumb.
When you join the Apple iPhone Developer program, you agree to their dev confidentiality terms and only then do you have access to proprietary beta software. The PDF is just a reminder. You not allowed to photocopy a book just because you never read the copyright notice, and you're not allowed to speed just because you never read the speed limit sign. It's just one of those things. It may seem 'dumb' but that's the price we pay for Apple fostering a healthy grass roots dev community.

If you're using iPhone OS 3.0 beta and are not a registered iPhone developer, then you have an unauthorized copy and again shouldn't be posting screenshots.

Sorry about the thread hijack, but this is an important point.

Cheers,

-K