new tab in Safari?

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
ok I know u can make a new tab to have diff pages...but wile on a page can I open a link in a new tab...like myspace, open someone profile in a new page by clicking something? Or is this not able yet?

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
nope.. i wish u could though..wouldn't be such a bad idea

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Hold the command/Apple button and then click. Apple + t opens a tab as well. Apple + w closes the current tab.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
There is an bookmarklet called "Open in New Tab" that will open any link you press in a new tab. I got it via the installer (I'm jailbroken) in a pack of other useful bookmarklets. Technically, it will work fine on a non-JB phone, however they are tricky to install without the aid of a jailbreak. If you really want it though, I can try to figure out a way to make it work for ya...

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
For the iPhone, and if your iPhone is jailbroken, you can use the installer app to download Bookmarklets from the BigBoss source.

That will give you several more Safari bookmarks, one of which is Open In New Tab. When you find a link you want to open in a new tab, just open your bookmarks and select Open In New Tab. You'll be sent back to the original web page. Just select the new link and it will open in a new tab. It works great for me.

EDIT: You beat me to the punch, psylichon, but I'll leave my post as it stands as it provides information about the BigBoss source and its address.

Last edited by a moderator:

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
irovr... WOW its been a while im ganna log on now..i haven't been on that in forever see whats the party up to.. thanks for the remind!