New Technology Could Increase Storage 10X

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Nice! I just got giddy reading this. I dream of a 160 GB iPhone. I don't even know what I would do.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Throw away my 5G 80 gb iPod. Give it to the dog to chew on.:) Actually, he'll figure out a way of turning it on and watching Air Buddies.

H

Hayesimus

I would be ecstatic! i'd pretty much have a laptop in my phone if that was the case. all my photos, all my movies, all my music vids, all my songs, EVERYTHING!

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I wait for the day when the iPhone is an actual computer. you can download programs from the internet like firefox, watch videos, save music and yes even pick up a phone call.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I wait for the day when the iPhone is an actual computer. you can download programs from the internet like firefox, watch videos, save music and yes even pick up a phone call.
I'm with you. My back kills me from having to haul my laptop to the airport.

H

Hayesimus

HAHA! I agree with that, except for the hauling of the laptop! But i would love for the iPhone to be absolutely independent.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Imagine, carrying this through airport security, and they ask me to take it out of its case:

Heavy Computer.jpg

H

Hayesimus

ummmm what IS that!?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
State of the art portable computer. Just won't say when it was state of the art. But, man was it heavy. ;)

H

Hayesimus

it looks like a tricorder from star trek III. Just A LOT bigger!

H

Hayesimus

i didn't watch the show, but i get what you were going for there. lol I'm laughin so loud right now.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
My favorite show as a kid. One of the drivers for where I ended up today as a nuclear engineer. The show was called: Johnny Sokko and the Flying Robot.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
i would love for the iPhone to be absolutely independent.
As would I! I don't even wanna have to sync up by hooking the phone to my desktop or laptop or whatever you all have (desktop for me). I'd love it to be fully independent and be able to upload, download updates and all, no wires!;)

H

Hayesimus

Precisely what i was thinking!

gary88

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago, IL
The article said we could see this implemented "within the next 10 years".

By then, we'll all have our iPhones embedded into out brains.

H

Hayesimus

my IDOL! haha.