New to IOS and have questions

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by LocoMadness, May 30, 2016.

1. LocoMadness

LocoMadness New Member

I am new to IOS from WIndows Phone and I wanted to know if this was possible to do.

1. Given the finite amount of storage and lack of SD card, store management is difficult. Can I use Groove Music to store all my music in onedrive and stream/play it?

What other apps besides Google Play(I don't use google) can I use that works well with your own personal collection of songs and allows you to stream it?

2. If I save my photos in Onedrive, can I easily send them from Onedrive in email or messages.
    Or should I just upload them to icloud

I tend to take photos of lots of things i.e. my pets and send them out a lot and I don't want to just leave them all in the phone.

3. Is there a way to possibly import my text messages from a WP into my iPhone?

4. What is the easiest way to move your contacts over from a WIndows Phone(I save them with Outlook)

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I can answer #2.

Assuming you've installed the free OneDrive app, it's super easy to send the photo you're currently looking at via email or MMS/iMessage. I just tried it now, and it takes only two taps. It's also very easy to do the same for multiple photos simultaneously.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

#4 - you can sync all your contacts to the iPhone from outlook via iTunes

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That could describe me except for the helpful part.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

One thing to remember with uploading to iCloud, is your can't delete the photos from the camera roll. iCloud is a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your device. If you delete from the camera roll, they will also delete in iCloud. I use Box for most photo storage.