New to iPhone couple of questions

davejobes

May 11, 2008
Hello there. I just got an i phone from the States. I am an orange pay as you go customer and was wondering if someone out there could answer a couple of questions for me.

When I put my orange sim card into the phone is it possible to store the numbers on the card to the phone contacts. I have tried to do this but have ended up having to type them in manually.

What is edge and how do I set it up. I have managed to congigure the phone to join my own network (my home wirefree) but as soon as I go some 50 yards from my house it loses the signal and I cant get online.

I use hotmail. How do I set up the phone to see my emails. I do have my hotmail configured to outlook on my laptop in the house but cant seem to set it up on the phone. I am a bit confused by this POP3 stuff etc.

Does the iPhone only blue tooth to head sets etc. I tried to pair with my wifes phone but it didn't work

Hope someone can shed some light on these questions.

Many thanks

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Welcome to EIC, Dave.

To transfer contacts from a SIM to the iPhone, you will need an application called iSIM on your iPhone. To get this application, your iPhone will need to be jailbroken. For information on what jailbreaking is, what it does, and how to do it, go here.

EDGE is a data network. To use it, your phone must be paired with a carrier. You need to either activate it with an account with the carrier it is locked to, or unlock the iPhone and activate it with an unofficial carrier.

Hotmail uses standard POP3, but it only works on the Windows Live Hotmail Desktop. Because of this, it won't work on the iPhone's Mail application, so you'll have to settle for webmail access.

- John