New to iPhones.

kire

May 17, 2008
So I just got my iPhone and I had a couple of questions. I've read over some of the topics and noticed some add ons that I like, but I'm dumbfounded when it comes to installing them. My phones been unlocked and has an installer icon on the main page. So I'm wondering how I go about adding games and such to my phone. Also how to I get my contacts from my sim card to appear onto the phone address book. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find another thread for it. I just really don't want to do anything stupid and end up bricking my phone.

Thanks.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Welcome.

To find games and other apps to add, just open Installer and browse through its category listings, or check Recent Packages as often as you like to see what's new. Once you find things that sound interesting, it is worth searching here and elsewhere to see what folks think of an app, and make sure there are not any big warnings about it.

For SIM card contacts transfer, there are at least a couple of apps around - iSim and SIMPort - I haven't used either one, so you may want to seek opinions / recommendations on them ...

kire

May 17, 2008
Thanks for the reply, I'll check that out as soon as I get home.

Just a couple more questions. The first time I plug it into my computer, is there anything in paticular that I have to make sure I do? Or will it just be like plugging and iPod into it?

And also I noticed that the ear piece volume is abit low, is there any way I can increase it? I didn't see anything in the settings but perhaps I just missed it.

Thanks.