New to jailbreak 8.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by rugved1118, Jan 24, 2015.

1. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hello,

Am running under warranty and still have jailbroken 8.1.2 using TiaG on one condition that my warranty wont get void if i restore to my last backup using itunes on my computer. Please correct me if am wrong. Also, i would like to ask is there a way to backup my data eversince i have jailbroken my iphone 5S just like how we do using itunes ? Now that i have jailbroken, can i purchase apps from app store too ?

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

You're fine. Just continue to backup your device as usual using iTunes. The jailbreak has no effect on your ability to use the App Store.

3. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I should add that in some cases a device restored from a backup of a jailbroken device will have artifacts of that jailbreak. However, restoring the device to factory settings (without applying such a backup) will make it presentable to Apple should any warranty needs arise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

And what will happen to my purchased apps downloaded from cydia ? Would i get it back without paying again ?

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You have to sign in through Facebook or Google when you make purchases in Cydia. Purchased downloads can be reinstalled on new phones when you log in through that account. However, some don't ever get updated, so they aren't necessarily good forever unless you stay on the old firmware. Some developers charge for new versions of their software. Others can be reinstalled for free for years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Can anyone suggest must-have cydia apps please ? I have already posted this question my other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I made one suggestion in your other thread for this specific topic.

8. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I've had service performed twice at Apple store while jailbroken in the recent past. They were hardware issues, so was not likely going to be told my jailbreak caused my problems

9. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Was it under warranty ? And what hardware issues did you face after jailbreak ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Yes, warranty repairs, performed by Apple Genuis staff @ Apple Store while iPhone was jailbroken.
    Both were screen issues

11. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

How would jailbreak create problems with your screen ?
    So, u went to the service centre by restoring your last backup before jailbreaking OR you have done factory restore ?

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The jailbreak didn't cause any problems with his phones. He had cracked screens. His point was that the jailbreaking didn't void the AppleCare+ warranty and he even took it in jailbroken for the repair work. I still recommend restoring to factory settings before taking it in just to be safe. Taking it in jailbroken doesn't work for everyone. Some people get turned away until they restore. You can apply your backup when you get home.

13. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Have just figured out, find my iphone does not work eversince its jailbroken. Can anyone help me in this ?

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Find My iPhone works fine on jailbroken iPhones. Do you have it enabled?

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Log out of iCloud, do a hard reset and then log back in and enable it.

16. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

It worked.. Thanks a ton !!!

17. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

One of friend has 7.1.2 firmware and would like to jailbreak. Can i do it using taiG application i have for 8.1.2 ? If not, can you hear suggest how do i do it ? He would like to stick his existing firmware version.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

TaiG is for 8.x and won't work with his firmware. He can jailbreak with Pangu for 7.x. There is also Pangu for 8.x. Make sure he downloads the correct version.

Pangu for 7.x:
    http://en.7.pangu.io

19. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

From past couple of days, my handset gets hanged suddenly. Also, swipeselection does not work any longer anymore after few days of installation. Could you please help ? Prior to jailbreK, i have never faced my handset ever hanged at all.

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Hanging/locking up: Please post a list of your installed packages. You may have some that are incompatible.
    SwipeSelection: Remove SwipeSelection, do a hard reset and then reinstall it.