New to jailbreak 8.1.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Hello,

Am running under warranty and still have jailbroken 8.1.2 using TiaG on one condition that my warranty wont get void if i restore to my last backup using itunes on my computer. Please correct me if am wrong. Also, i would like to ask is there a way to backup my data eversince i have jailbroken my iphone 5S just like how we do using itunes ? Now that i have jailbroken, can i purchase apps from app store too ?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I should add that in some cases a device restored from a backup of a jailbroken device will have artifacts of that jailbreak. However, restoring the device to factory settings (without applying such a backup) will make it presentable to Apple should any warranty needs arise.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
I should add that in some cases a device restored from a backup of a jailbroken device will have artifacts of that jailbreak. However, restoring the device to factory settings (without applying such a backup) will make it presentable to Apple should any warranty needs arise.
And what will happen to my purchased apps downloaded from cydia ? Would i get it back without paying again ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
And what will happen to my purchased apps downloaded from cydia ? Would i get it back without paying again ?
You have to sign in through Facebook or Google when you make purchases in Cydia. Purchased downloads can be reinstalled on new phones when you log in through that account. However, some don't ever get updated, so they aren't necessarily good forever unless you stay on the old firmware. Some developers charge for new versions of their software. Others can be reinstalled for free for years.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
You have to sign in through Facebook or Google when you make purchases in Cydia. Purchased downloads can be reinstalled on new phones when you log in through that account. However, some don't ever get updated, so they aren't necessarily good forever unless you stay on the old firmware. Some developers charge for new versions of their software. Others can be reinstalled for free for years.
Can anyone suggest must-have cydia apps please ? I have already posted this question my other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I've had service performed twice at Apple store while jailbroken in the recent past. They were hardware issues, so was not likely going to be told my jailbreak caused my problems

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
I've had service performed twice at Apple store while jailbroken in the recent past. They were hardware issues, so was not likely going to be told my jailbreak caused my problems
Was it under warranty ? And what hardware issues did you face after jailbreak ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Yes, warranty repairs, performed by Apple Genuis staff @ Apple Store while iPhone was jailbroken.
Both were screen issues
How would jailbreak create problems with your screen ?
So, u went to the service centre by restoring your last backup before jailbreaking OR you have done factory restore ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
How would jailbreak create problems with your screen ?
So, u went to the service centre by restoring your last backup before jailbreaking OR you have done factory restore ?
The jailbreak didn't cause any problems with his phones. He had cracked screens. His point was that the jailbreaking didn't void the AppleCare+ warranty and he even took it in jailbroken for the repair work. I still recommend restoring to factory settings before taking it in just to be safe. Taking it in jailbroken doesn't work for everyone. Some people get turned away until they restore. You can apply your backup when you get home.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
The jailbreak didn't cause any problems with his phones. He had cracked screens. His point was that the jailbreaking didn't void the AppleCare+ warranty and he even took it in jailbroken for the repair work. I still recommend restoring to factory settings before taking it in just to be safe. Taking it in jailbroken doesn't work for everyone. Some people get turned away until they restore. You can apply your backup when you get home.
Have just figured out, find my iphone does not work eversince its jailbroken. Can anyone help me in this ?

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
One of friend has 7.1.2 firmware and would like to jailbreak. Can i do it using taiG application i have for 8.1.2 ? If not, can you hear suggest how do i do it ? He would like to stick his existing firmware version.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
From past couple of days, my handset gets hanged suddenly. Also, swipeselection does not work any longer anymore after few days of installation. Could you please help ? Prior to jailbreK, i have never faced my handset ever hanged at all.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
From past couple of days, my handset gets hanged suddenly. Also, swipeselection does not work any longer anymore after few days of installation. Could you please help ? Prior to jailbreK, i have never faced my handset ever hanged at all.
Hanging/locking up: Please post a list of your installed packages. You may have some that are incompatible.
SwipeSelection: Remove SwipeSelection, do a hard reset and then reinstall it.