New to jailbreaking, what should I get?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by rjkgr, Aug 19, 2013.

1. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

What is something i should get for the jailbreak? Can someone walk me through it? My friend does all it for me or I can wait until the weekend if it is too much.

#1 rjkgr, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
  2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Here are some of the features you can add when you jailbreak. Let us know if any of them interest you and we'll list the names of the apps/tweaks to download.

1. Notification Center enhancements.
    2. Fast access to settings toggles.
    3. Full access to the file system.
    4. Change the way your phone looks with customization and theming.
    5. Custom gestures and buttons for features. For example, you can do a springboard pinch to activate the flashlight and double-tap the lockscreen clock to open phone favorites.
    6. Add a navigate button to the stock Maps app (opens in Navigon or TomTom).
    7. Enhancing stock apps. Add a download manager to Safari, save attachments in email, add a download feature to YouTube, pull to refresh Safari, access WiFi-only apps over cellular such as FaceTime (for those who don't have it included in their data plan).
    8. Live weather on the weather app and in status bar.
    9. Accelerate animations in the GUI.
    10. Add more folder options.
    11. Enable iOS direct printing (AirPrint) for non-supported printers.
    12. Bluetooth media file transfers to and from other phones.
    13. Better text messaging apps. Send and reply to texts on the lock screen and from within apps. See time stamps for all messages.
    14. Siri enhancements.
    15. Add a user agent faker toggle so you can quickly switch between mobile and full site website browser user agents.
    16. Free tethering.
    17. Manage music without iTunes.
    18. Improve the stock task switcher. Show the minus sign by default, see which apps are frozen/open and which are fully closed, change the order of the multitasking priory and close all apps at once.

#3 Europa, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
  3. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

So maybe 1,2,3 and 17?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. Bulletin
    2. SBSettings or Auxo
    3. iFile
    17. PwnTunes

5. alicepattinson

Bronze

how about you choose all of them? It's really nice to know a lot :)

6. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

Yes, s can you tell me how to install it?

7. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

because the other ones don't really interests me..

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm really not trying to be rude, but it's a bad idea to have someone else jailbreak your iPhone for you. You're the one who needs to have an understanding of how this all works, and it sounds as if you have no idea how to use Cydia for installing your jailbreak apps, for example. There's nothing like doing this stuff yourself and gaining experience. It takes a little work and research to get it all basically figured out, but it is so much rewarding when you do. What happens when your jailbreak glitches? You either have to find your friend to get help or come here to ask basic questions about things you would probably have already known if you had learned about and done the procedure yourself.

I hope you take this post in the spirit in which I intended it, which was constructive criticism. :)

#9 Napoleon PhoneApart, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
  9. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

He has the stuff on his computer not on mine and i would love to but i don't have enough room to put it on my computer. and i ask my friend on the weekend to help me fix it or come on the forums for help.... and no problem your not being rude,

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You do know how teeny-tiny these jailbreak files are, right? :D

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

evasi0n is about the same file size as one song, so I doubt you didn't have room for it. It only takes a few minutes to jailbreak and it's pretty easy to do. I'm more than happy to help with any questions you have and problems you may encounter, but you'll have to do some basic research first as I can't teach you everything. For starters, read up on what Cydia is and how to use it. Then open Cydia and take a look around to get familiar with the app. After doing that maybe try installing Auxo. It's a pretty simple tweak, yet very useful and well-designed. Then go into the settings and try making some adjustments to customize it how you want it.

12. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

yes thanks i totally understand and his files on his computer that he was going to send me was a big file he must have had other things in that folder.? idk and okay will do and will get back to you about it

13. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Did you already jailbreak your phone? If you haven't and are already on 6.1.3 you will be unable to jailbreak.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

He's said in other threads that it's already jailbroken.

15. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

thanks!