New To The Forum

iphonemedic600

Bronze
Feb 8, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Hey folks been surfin through this forum for a while now just thought I'd say HI! Bought my 16G iPhone two weeks ago but haven't activated it yet because my contract for Verizon is up on 2/27/08.. A couple more days and it'll be officially iDay.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
i had to wait one day and it felt like forever! cant even imagin, welcome to the forum.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Welcome to the site! Must be a pain to wait. When I got mine, I had to go to a [extremely boring] movie before I went home to activate it and it was the most frustrating experience of my life.

- John

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Welcome to EIC! Exciting time to be an iPhone owner.;)

S

Starry

Hey There iPhonemedic... Welcome to EIC... :)

Yeah I'm with ya there.. waiting suxs... but so glad your here... :)
Enjoy your sunday and we'll help you with the countdown LOL!

Happy Iphoning!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Welcome to the forums!

C'mon, waiting isn't THAT bad....*sob*:sick:

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Hey folks been surfin through this forum for a while now just thought I'd say HI! Bought my 16G iPhone two weeks ago but haven't activated it yet because my contract for Verizon is up on 2/27/08.. A couple more days and it'll be officially iDay.
I would be going crazy waiting to activate it. You have some patience

blurm

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Post Date Post

There's an early termination fee of $175.00, times two for mine and my fiancee's line.
I have a solution to your problem. I assume you are going to establish service with Cingular? If so just post date your port. You can activate today and receive a temporary number which will get you past the activation. Then on the day the port is scheduled a lot of times the port starts at midnight so by morning the phone is fully operational. If not you'll have to keep both handsets with you until the port goes all the way through. My experience has been that once the port has begun generally it takes two hours. I hope that solves your problem, however if you have to wait and you are a medic I recommend sedating yourself until activation. I really don't see any other way lol!

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I have a solution to your problem. I assume you are going to establish service with Cingular? If so just post date your port. You can activate today and receive a temporary number which will get you past the activation. Then on the day the port is scheduled a lot of times the port starts at midnight so by morning the phone is fully operational. If not you'll have to keep both handsets with you until the port goes all the way through. My experience has been that once the port has begun generally it takes two hours. I hope that solves your problem, however if you have to wait and you are a medic I recommend sedating yourself until activation. I really don't see any other way lol!
I could see that very unhealthy as he would have to sedate himself for 3 days.

iPhonemedic - welcome to the forum, this is a really amazing forum - I came here not so long ago, as you may see, but it is really really amazing here.

if you have any questions about anything, ask here at the forum - we will all quickly answer your questions.

iphonemedic600

Bronze
Feb 8, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Yeah, thanks for all the feedback and comments peeps! This is a really nice forum to go to for everything on the iPhone. I have just been getting ready for my iDay and was going through some of the threads about making your own ringtones and got some prepared so when my iPhone is up and running all I need to do is drag it into my phone! The wait is KILLING me.