New to the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iUseiPohne

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
first i'd like to say hello and how impressed i am at your forum and how knowledgeable everyone seems to be hence why i joind the forum
i just got my iPhone so i'm not very familiar with it and my biggst problem right now is that i'm usung a pc (windows vista) and when i try to download iTunes and install it it always say iTunes stoped working and so i can nver get it to work.
when i bought the phone the young lady also told me i could use something else to put my music on to the iPhone but she had a ver heavy accent making it hard to understand
maybe i'm still not clear can i put my mp3 that i have on my pc onto my iPhone along with videos i maye have as well

thanks in advance
Richard

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
first i'd like to say hello and how impressed i am at your forum and how knowledgeable everyone seems to be hence why i joind the forum
i just got my iPhone so i'm not very familiar with it and my biggst problem right now is that i'm usung a pc (windows vista) and when i try to download iTunes and install it it always say iTunes stoped working and so i can nver get it to work.
when i bought the phone the young lady also told me i could use something else to put my music on to the iPhone but she had a ver heavy accent making it hard to understand
maybe i'm still not clear can i put my mp3 that i have on my pc onto my iPhone along with videos i maye have as well

thanks in advance
Richard

have u used this?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305042

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
yeah thats wut i used originally i'll try agian but im sure it wont work
by the way with iTunes the music i have as mp3 that i downloaded of share networks such as limewire will they be able to go onto to the iPhone via iTunes

oh yes, 99.9% of my media is from there and pretty sure everyone is. I buy a couple of songs from iTunes so I wont feel guilty.

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
hello everyone i just got an iPhone and had some questions..
well first this is my story.. i had a bb bold and had non stop dropped calls so i decided to give an iPhone a shot. so i did a trade with someone for a 16g . the phone was in ehh condition but they had warranty so i took the deal and then went to Apple and got a new "rebuilt" phone.
1. Is there anyone to keep aim from disconnecting while i go to the home screen?
2. how long does you battery last?
3. What plan do you currently have?

also it seems like my battery dies quick i basicallys don't have any apps .

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to keep apps like AIM open in the background, or when you go to to the Home Screen. However, you will be able to do this with the release of the 3.0 software this summer.

My battery lasts about two days with intermittent use. That includes making a few calls a day, sending a bunch of texts, playing some games, checking Facebook, maybe taking a picture or two, and possibly checking Weather and Stocks. Everybody's battery life varies depending on what you do how often and how many charge cycles you phone has been through.

I'm on a family plan with my parents, so it's not going to be the same as an individual plan like several people have. I have some huge number of minutes, unlimited texts, and, like everybody else, unlimited data.

Enjoy your iPhone, and welcome to the forums!

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
you do a lot of stuff on you phone and your battery can last for 2 days wow mine cant do that...why? is it because its new? should i bring it back to Apple?

May 6, 2007
United States
you do a lot of stuff on you phone and your battery can last for 2 days wow mine cant do that...why? is it because its new? should i bring it back to Apple?
Chances are you should look into a few settings and such before you hurry over to Apple. The amount of usage between people is going to vary a lot, so don't be worrying too much.

There are a few options on the iPhone that will definitely increase battery life, like turning 3G off when not using it, playing around with brightness, etc.

If you're not satisfied in a few weeks with the way your battery is performing, then it might be time to talk to Apple. Just saying you don't need to rush out unless the battery's only lasting a few hours.

As Lincoln said, the 3.0 update, which should be here early this summer, will likely fix your AIM problems. Until then, you don't have an option. Using AIM a whole lot could be messing with your battery life as well.

I don't use my iPhone a whole lot during the day, just mainly for music, the occasional internet browse, and a few texts and calls. I can make mine last a good three or four days, but every once in a while I'll use enough Apps to burn the battery in just a few hours. Always depends. Then again, I'm on a V1 iPhone so 3G isn't a factor for me.

Hope I helped, and welcome.