New UK carrier update available?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
iTunes has just informed me of a carrier update - has anybody downloaded this? Im jailbroken and would like to know what the update involves before I download and install.

I know a carrier update shoudnt break the jailbreak but id rather be safe than sorry.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm surprised you've only just got this now.

I had it about 5days ago. I'm sure I saw a post on this earlier, nevermind :)

I had my phone plugged into iTunes, I got a pop-up stating a new carrier update.

I clicked update and literally seconds later, it was done. I am jailbroken on 3.0

I've not had any problems with anything, except the interference (which was prior to the update anyway) over the past few weeks.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Any chance you can find the update file?

I'm using a legally unlocked Singapore iPhone in the UK so unfortunately iTunes doesn't inform me of carrier updates.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Incidentally, I'm on T-Mobile but put an O2 SIM in to access the WiFi zones and it now lets me access even with my T-Mobile SIM in.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Put your o2 SIM card in the phone, in iTunes click update.
Any chance you can find the update file?

I'm using a legally unlocked Singapore iPhone in the UK so unfortunately iTunes doesn't inform me of carrier updates.

The cloud wifi networks do initially need your o2 number to register, but your device itself is registered. So you only need to do it once and you can browse on the cloud wherever you may be.
Incidentally, I'm on T-Mobile but put an O2 SIM in to access the WiFi zones and it now lets me access even with my T-Mobile SIM in.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Thanks, I don't know, maybe o2 stagger the release? I have updated now and all is still well. I heard that it may disable the tether hack. I didn't use that anyway so i couldnt care less lol

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
Thanks, I don't know, maybe o2 stagger the release? I have updated now and all is still well. I heard that it may disable the tether hack. I didn't use that anyway so i couldnt care less lol
No, tethering still working just fine!

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
I haven't had anything yet, but saying that im refusing to upgrade to 3.0.1 as its a waste of time. anyone can have contact to my iPhone, would be funny to see!