new unusual ringtone thing happening

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I have ringtones assigned to people so I know who is calling. This is the nornal part.

Now, I found that 2 times with 2 different people if I call them and they return my call, the ringtone is my default ringtone, not their assigned ringtone. If they just call me, their sound is their assigned ringtone.

Has anyone else had this happen? I am curious and confused.

thanks!

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
I have ringtones assigned to people so I know who is calling. This is the nornal part.

Now, I found that 2 times with 2 different people if I call them and they return my call, the ringtone is my default ringtone, not their assigned ringtone. If they just call me, their sound is their assigned ringtone.

Has anyone else had this happen? I am curious and confused.

thanks!

Yep happens to me...and en even weirder thing happen to me last night. I was syncing my iTunes and used my iPhoneringtonemaker to push back my ring tones and then when I went to check them there were there. But each one of them is a the same ringtone except with the title of the one that it suppose to be. I wen tot manage rigntones and it did the same. The only way to solve it was to send each individual ring tone. Fun!

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA
Yep happens to me...and en even weirder thing happen to me last night. I was syncing my iTunes and used my iPhoneringtonemaker to push back my ring tones and then when I went to check them there were there. But each one of them is a the same ringtone except with the title of the one that it suppose to be. I wen tot manage rigntones and it did the same. The only way to solve it was to send each individual ring tone. Fun!

I am so glad you figured this out yourself, because I have no idea what you just said.

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
This seems to have been fixed in 1.1.2, for me at least. And thanks to the .m4r ringtone hack working again I have way more custom ringtones than ever!

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
I recently purchased a few ringtones from Apple. I set the main default ring to one of these, and then tried to set one of the standard tones (Old Phone) for a specific contact. The ringtone I set for the contact always reverts to the default ringtone.

Any ideas for a solution?

DisneyEcho

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
disneyecho.emuck.com
I recently purchased a few ringtones from Apple. I set the main default ring to one of these, and then tried to set one of the standard tones (Old Phone) for a specific contact. The ringtone I set for the contact always reverts to the default ringtone.

Any ideas for a solution?
Maybe delete that contact then re-enter that contact and info again, choosing the ringtone you want at that time... Worth a try. Let us know if you do it and if that fixed the problem.