New Update Coming Soon...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tupacinla

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
check it out. an Apple spokesperson says Apple will soon be adding more features on the iPhone.

Pocket-lint.co.uk reports that Apple has confirmed that "plenty more upgrades" are coming for the Apple iPhone.

"All the complaints and feature requests we've had can be fixed and added by software upgrades", a spokesman for the company told Pocket-lint.

Some even suggest that Apple is spacing out updates intentionally to provide gradually added functionality over months. One insider even claims that Apple is planning on adding video functionality with Youtube upload integration:

"They [Apple] aren't stupid. They won't want to give you everything at once. You wait, there will an exciting partnership with YouTube that adds video functionality and then lets you upload to the site in no time", an industry insider told Pocket-lint.

Source:

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/11/Apple_more_ipho.html

This is something I will be looking forward to.

:D

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
check it out. an Apple spokesperson says Apple will soon be adding more features on the iPhone.

Pocket-lint.co.uk reports that Apple has confirmed that "plenty more upgrades" are coming for the Apple iPhone.

"All the complaints and feature requests we've had can be fixed and added by software upgrades", a spokesman for the company told Pocket-lint.

Some even suggest that Apple is spacing out updates intentionally to provide gradually added functionality over months. One insider even claims that Apple is planning on adding video functionality with Youtube upload integration:"

They [Apple] aren't stupid. They won't want to give you everything at once. You wait, there will an exciting partnership with YouTube that adds video functionality and then lets you upload to the site in no time", an industry insider told Pocket-lint.

Cool, nice find...I look forward to seeing what's next.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I am fully expecting that in February when we get an SDK release we get a massive update. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the stuff we have been asking for. Stevie knows we are gonna do it ourselves anyway so he might as well get it ready and release it.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I am fully expecting that in February when we get an SDK release we get a massive update. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the stuff we have been asking for. Stevie knows we are gonna do it ourselves anyway so he might as well get it ready and release it.
My guess would be a "massive update" prior to Christmas - possibly wishful thinking. But it would make sense for Apple to make the iPhone as appealing to Christmas shoppers as possible (with video, YouTube, or whatever). Then, focus resources on the SDK release during December.

That's my 2¢.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My guess would be a "massive update" prior to Christmas - possibly wishful thinking. But it would make sense for Apple to make the iPhone as appealing to Christmas shoppers as possible (with video, YouTube, or whatever). Then, focus resources on the SDK release during December and January for a February release.

That's my 2¢.

(Sorry - tried to edit and ended up with a double-post)

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
The SDK will NOT be provided to everyone. Most likely any programs designed with it will need to be digitally signed by Apple for them to work. Same basis that other phones follow.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona

Some even suggest that Apple is spacing out updates intentionally to provide gradually added functionality over months. One insider even claims that Apple is planning on adding video functionality with Youtube upload integration:

"They [Apple] aren't stupid. They won't want to give you everything at once. You wait, there will an exciting partnership with YouTube that adds video functionality and then lets you upload to the site in no time", an industry insider told Pocket-lint.

Source:

This is something I will be looking forward to.

:D
Where did you come up with "coming soon?" The word soon is not in either of the articles you linked to.

Nice spin...

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yes reminds of July and August when we were gonna get a massive update "right around Leopard's release." Not sure if Apple will be able to top the features added in 1.1.1, let alone 1.1.2, but time will tell...

--
Mike

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nice find, interesting article.

I've always had faith that updates will come; but the question is when. We will eventually get MMS; we will eventually get video recording. But like that article says, they won;t all come at once. It may take awhile.

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
video

even if Apple does upgrade their software, how will the phone be able to shoot video without any additional hardware? Does anyone know if the camera on the phone can shoot video?