new update from AT&T on twitter!

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
If I had 3.0 I would copy and paste the link but it looks like anyone who placed an order online with AT&T before 6/13 should be getting a tracking number soon!

gogoplata1980

Bronze
May 6, 2009
Cleburne, TX.
If I had 3.0 I would copy and paste the link but it looks like anyone who placed an order online with AT&T before 6/13 should be getting a tracking number soon!
Thanks, fellow sport bike rider! :) I've been dying to get some small sort of confirmation!:p

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
yes me too, I ordered my 3gs on 6/9/09 and still in progress, I'm going crazy jumping back and forth from the order status screen to my email :(

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
On Monday I thought people were crazy for worrying, but I have been going from forum to forum to email to order status back to forum all day. I ordered 6/9 around 3. I don't know why I didn't order from Apple.

Jan 6, 2008
Mine still says " In Progress" and I ordered on the 12th

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Mine still says "in progress" and I ordered on the 11th.

What is the AT&T twitter account? @_____?

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
Mine is scheduled to deliever to Apple store tomorrow.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
I'm reading on other forums that Att reps are telling people that there phones will ship on the 19th. AT&T reps never seem to know anything but I will snap if they do that.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I called AT&T yesterday and the guy knew nothing. He literally didn't' help at all.

The twitter also says:

iPhones preordered before 6/12 will be shipped 2 arrive as early as 6/19. Watch 4 an e-mail 2 track your specific order.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
OK folks, here is info. from the PDF in the twitter link...

If I preordered online or in a store, when should I expect to get my device?
In general, if you preordered iPhone 3G S between June 8 and June 12, your order should be ready for pick up, or delivery, on Friday, June 19. If you preordered on or after June 13, your device will ship between 7-14 days from when you placed your order. However, delivery dates are not guaranteed in advance. A few factors such as availability, credit issues or other reasons may impact the delivery date.

Watch for our email with your expected delivery date.

If I preordered online, what happens between the order placement and the arrival of my device?
In terms of device arrival, you’ll hear directly from us between now and your delivery date so you know when to expect your shipment.

In between now and then, once you’ve added your order to the shopping cart and you’re ready to check out, you’ll get additional details on the delivery process.

Once your order is placed, we’ll send you a confirmation text and email with an order ID so you can use our Order Status Tool to check your order. At first, you’ll likely see “In Progress” as status. We’ll update the status with a shipment tracking number once your order is ready to ship.

For customers who placed their order on or after June 13, you should receive your device within 7-14 days. If you preordered between June 8 and June 12, there’s a good chance your device will arrive as early as June 19. However, delivery dates are not guaranteed.

How will my shipment arrive? What carrier?
We will send an email when your order ships. Since we use a variety of carriers, it’s best to check your shipment tracking link so you can more closely follow your delivery. Again, watch for an email from us and check your order status at att.com.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I'm reading on other forums that Att reps are telling people that there phones will ship on the 19th. AT&T reps never seem to know anything but I will snap if they do that.
Possibly I will cancel my order and just walk in and buy one if they do that.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
After going back and forth through twitter and emails I got this:

I asked:

Would you say that I have a good chance of my order going out today or
tomorrow since I ordered I on the 9th

Phil

ATT rep wrote back:

Yes, if you ordered on the 9th, we expect that your iPhone 3G S will
ship tomorrow for arrival on Friday. That being said, orders may be
delayed for reasons that include, but are not limited to: incorrect
shipping info, credit issues, number porting, carrier delays, etc.

Hope this is helpful.

Ryan A

Jun 17, 2009
So, I preordered my 3gs on the 9th and its showing the status of mine as back ordered.... :(

Pennys

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
So, I preordered my 3gs on the 9th and its showing the status of mine as back ordered.... :(

:mad: No Way! I ordered mine on the 11th and status is still in progress.