New Update Gone Wrong

SwedishQT

Jul 20, 2009
So I updated my iPhone with the 3.01 download. Before I did this my phone was fine. Now after I updated it none of my applications will open and my screen keeps going black and/or just turns off my phone completely! Anyone else having this problem or know anything about fixing this? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

-Jamie

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
First try a restore from backup and see if that helps, if not try and restore as a new phone. If neither of those help then you will need to visit an Apple retail store and have a genius take a look at it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If iTunes doest recognize it in recovery mode, put it in DFU mode.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Hey what is DFU mode? Thanks
Device Firmware Upgrade Mode also known as Recovery Mode

To do this

Turn the phone off and unplug it from the computer, Hold the home button while plugging the phone into the computer via usb and keep a hold of the home button till you see the connect to iTunes icon displayed on the phone.

SwedishQT

Jul 20, 2009
Actually all I ended up doing was going to the app store and updating one of them and then the rest worked and my screen is fine now :) ... Wish I knew it was that simple yesterday!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Device Firmware Upgrade Mode also known as Recovery Mode
It's not the same as recovery mode. Recovery mode shows the connect to iTunes image on the iPhone screen. The screen is black when in DFU mode. If iTunes doesn't recognize it in recovery mode, you have to put it in DFU mode.