New Update messed some stuff up

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
OK. So it might not be the update, maybe just coincidental timing but...

Now people have a hard time calling me. When they do, it either goes to my voicemail, tells them call cannot be completed as dialed, or it goes through and then when I answer goes to voicemail and hangs up on my side. Weird. This happens about 40% of the time.
Also, when I make an outgoing call (regardless of signal) about 50% of the time it goes right to others voicemail and then a screen pops up saying call has been forwarded, and I am forced to hit "Dismiss"

Second, flicking through pictures, sometimes it skips one and flicks 2 times.

Third, it seems my second row from the top is unresponsive about 30% of the time, regardless of where I am on the iPhone.

Fourth, my ipod randomly will stop playing when I put it on shuffle of the rough 900 songs or so. And i KNOW I didn't go through that many lol. The GSM sound (you know the horse trotting sound), seems more frequent and louder.

So GREAT! Safari no longer crashes, instead, I am left with a cell phone that is suddenly unreliable, an mp3 player with a mind of its own, and a semi unresponsive "breakthrough" touchscreen. This really is the first time I have been disappointed at not only Apple, but my iPhone. Please 1.03 save me.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Funny about your phone connection issues. This past Monday and Teusday I noticed my iPhone signal strength dropped in half at my work location. I simply referring to the number of bars. And this cause numerious phone issues similar to what you stated. This lasted until Wednesday when it was back to full strength. I work for a wireless radio company and the other iPhone guy in the company and I did some tower signal stringth measurements and sure enough it had dropped significantly.

So, I think it may be a coincidence that your call problems started as I did not update to 1.0.2. Hopefully, your call problems will be temporary as ATT does whatever tests and gets it back to normal for ya.