New update...

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
So when are we expecting to see this new 'Battery fix' release? Because my battery is starting to drive me crazy! Thanks peoples. X

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
So when are we expecting to see this new 'Battery fix' release? Because my battery is starting to drive me crazy! Thanks peoples. X
It's currently in beta, available to developers. No one knows for sure. If I had to guess, it's a few weeks, anywhere from 1-3. Again, that's a complete guess, but I have a feeling Apple has the battery issue solved and will use 5.0.1 to nail it down and quick.

Heacon

Bronze
Nov 3, 2011
I contacted my phone company here in Denmark and in this mail it says it comes sunday.... Thank good i charged my iPhone to 100% sent to work slept after and it lost over 50% on 17 hours standby...

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I contacted my phone company here in Denmark and in this mail it says it comes sunday.... Thank good i charged my iPhone to 100% sent to work slept after and it lost over 50% on 17 hours standby...
Have you turned off the apparent offending 'app' that is known to cause this battery drain?
Ie: location services, time zone.
At least that what I've been reading all over the place that appears to be causing it. ?

Heacon

Bronze
Nov 3, 2011
I have turned timezone off it used to use 50% battery on 8 hours.... Lol

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I have turned timezone off it used to use 50% battery on 8 hours.... Lol
Wow, at least that's a start. I just got a feeling there are other issues going on here.
How can some users, like myself have minimal drop and use the phone quite a bit and others have a huge drop ? It has got to be a usage thing. Games, streaming videos, iCloud?
Just seems to be too hit and miss to
Be truly software related IMHO.
Just a very strange thing this is!

Heacon

Bronze
Nov 3, 2011
I tried turning all things possible off nothing was open and put on flymode and a full reboot. It still lost almost 20% during the night..... And then i cant even receive calls when its on flymode

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Wow, at least that's a start. I just got a feeling there are other issues going on here.
How can some users, like myself have minimal drop and use the phone quite a bit and others have a huge drop ? It has got to be a usage thing. Games, streaming videos, iCloud?
Just seems to be too hit and miss to
Be truly software related IMHO.
Just a very strange thing this is!
I thought there were issues going on with my phone as well. My battery power has been decreasing more quickly these last couple of weeks. At first it didn't do that. My major issue was with the User and the Standby amounts being the exact same so I thought I needed to change some settings. I did all that. Turned off all the suggested things to turn off and nothing changed. Then I turned off anything and everything that could be a battery drain and my user and sandby are still the same and then I got the battery drain issue. I even deleted games that I play and thought woud be the culprit. Why bother, nothing changed.

Well, I decided to restore the phone as new with nothing on it and the user and standby issue still remained as well as the battery drain. Because of that, I think it is software related. Also, my iPhone 4 had none of these issues until I installed the iOS 5.

I have thrown in the towel. There is nothing left for me to do on my end. It's now all up to Apple.

Heacon

Bronze
Nov 3, 2011
Really hopes it comes sunday as my phone company told me... Just a question? How do I update my iPhone(my first). Also can it be updated without a pc

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Yes. Updates are over the air tonight. Under settings click general and you will see in second spot down it says software update. When you click on that it will tell you your software is up to date. When it isn't and an update is available it will have and other option.