New user...need help

billboard

Aug 14, 2009
Hello. I am a new user of the iPhone 3GS 32 GIG.

Anyway:

1. Is there a separate volume for the alarm rather than the phone ringer? I work nights and like to keep my ringer turned down when i sleep during the day and I also use the alarm clock feature on a phone.

2. Is there anyway to delete numerous text message at the same time rather that one at a time using the edit button?

3. I am a pc user and would like to know which calendar is the easiest to use. I currently use Outlook 2007 or the calendar feature.

Thanks

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
1. No, most 3rd party apps let you change the volume for the specific app but everything else is the iPhone ringer volume. You could use silent/vibrate mode for work and just quickly flick on sound when using the alarm.

2. Yes click edit and then click the circles next to the texts you wish to delete. Then hit the red delete button.

3. I've never been a fan of anything Office so I use google calendar and sync my calendar and contacts over the air with google sync.

iPhoneXT

Sep 7, 2009
With respect to the alarm issue, I agree with the previous poster. Use the silent switch to toggle off the ringer while you're sleeping. Even if the switch is toggled to the silent position, the alarm will still sound. The alarm app operates independently from the silent switch.

I use Google calendar as well, and it is fantastic.