New User

kiks

Oct 8, 2008
Hi all,

i have had my iPhone 3G for a 2 weeks now and i love it..... i have a couple of questions and am sorry if they have already been discussed...

1.. How can i send or receive MMS
2.. How can i send or receive files from other phones using bluetooth
3.. What is the best GPS app i can install.

i have installed some apps already and so far so good.

oh by the way am based in South Africa.....

jaydubb

Oct 8, 2008
1. iPhone does not do MMS.....Use email
2. No
3. Maps that come with it is the only one I use....

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I knew that I wouldn't have MMS but the Bluetooth surprised me. Why do we have to use a different type of Bluetooth than everybody else?

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Bc Apple always has to think outside the box...but in the end they just rethink the box all together.

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
From what I know you can't transfer files using bluetooth, but as far as I am concerned you can just e-mail or IM etc...
Way more options as it is.
As for GPS there is no turn by turn GPS at the moment if that is what you are asking.

enjoy

kiks

Oct 8, 2008
too bad, its really a nice toy and am enjoying it.... i hope someone comes up with a turn b turn GPS app. lets also hope that Apple can upgrade the firmware to do MMS and bluetooth file transfer.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You would think that it would come eventually.
I tend to agree with Philip. You can just about forget MMS. Do believe if it was going to happen, it would have been introduced along with the release of the 3G. You have to remember that data plans would probably be a bit higher with MMS so the logical introduction point would have been with the 3G release.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have been hoping for MMS since January of 2007 when the iPhone was released and I have more than given up hope for it. Now if we do get it it's going to be the greatest iPhone surprise ever.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
MMS is a data feature isn't it? Atleast that's how verizon treated it when using a smart phone. Perhaps things are different on the AT&T side. I do think it would be foolish of Apple and the Carriers to continue to omit this feature, particularly given the fact that the competition is gradually getting stronger and stronger.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
MMS is a data feature isn't it?
Yes it is. And if it was to be added to the phone, it WILL come with a price. I just hope it will be an option and not added to the basic data plan. But having said that, I think it is a dead issue. No MMS.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
dturner you are probably right, it is just a terrible shame that such a high tech phone is missing IMO a critical feature.