New Version of iPhone coming next year

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm new to this forum but have procrastinated about buying the current iPhone. I would like to see a few more features added in the next generation iPhone, but I am definitely sold on eventually getting an iPhone. I just love the Apple technology over the other brands of smartphones, pda's, treo's, palm pilots, etc.

Anyway, I just read this today about the new generation iPhone coming out the 1st Quarter of next year.

http://www.thestreet.com/s/faster-apple-iphone-due-next-year/newsanalysis/techtelecom/10379941.html

James

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I'm new to this forum but have procrastinated about buying the current iPhone. I would like to see a few more features added in the next generation iPhone, but I am definitely sold on eventually getting an iPhone. I just love the Apple technology over the other brands of smartphones, pda's, treo's, palm pilots, etc.

Anyway, I just read this today about the new generation iPhone coming out the 1st Quarter of next year.

http://www.thestreet.com/s/faster-apple-iphone-due-next-year/newsanalysis/techtelecom/10379941.html

James
Nice find. I'm looking forward to the new version and my wife would love my current one.:laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Although these articles are mostly hit or miss (more-so "miss" it seems) they are still exciting to read!

Good Find

Welcome to "the" forums!

:laugh2:

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Can't wait. I'll be waiting in line at the mall with the same crazy people who were there on June 29. I'm not sure who will inherit the present one.

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
This kind of leaves me in a bit of a bind since I think it's highly possible that the V2 of the iPhones may have GPS which I'd love but at the same time, I don't think I can wait when I get my paycheck to get the iPhone. Does the iPhone's value depreciate quickly? Since I'm thinking I may get it in October and then sell when the new one comes out. Think this would be a feasible idea? Or should I just get it in October or wait for version 2? My contract's already up so that's a non-issue fortunately.

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I just don't know

It is really difficult to read some of this and hope it is all true.
Steve is on record that there will be NO 3G in this or any other iPhone.
He thinks that it will drain to much power from the battery.

I have read lately that also mentioned that 3G is in limited areas.
He is often quoted stating these things.
Lets all hope he changes his mind.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I have a hard time with this announcement, too. The media is all too quick to report speculation and rumor (often from forums just like this) as fact. That, and the fact that Apple is very effective at keeping this sort of stuff secret until THEY announce it for themselves - I just don't know.

I'd love an iPhone with GPS, though. I just wish they'd turn on serial bt so we can use existing receivers. Oh, and make them work with google maps...

Still, an iPhone with gps, 3G, more memory (file management please), cut/paste, etc sort of makes me drool a little.

dmwinkler11@ou.edu

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
It is really difficult to read some of this and hope it is all true.
Steve is on record that there will be NO 3G in this or any other iPhone.
He thinks that it will drain to much power from the battery.

I have read lately that also mentioned that 3G is in limited areas.
He is often quoted stating these things.
Lets all hope he changes his mind.
I read that Steve mentions 3G will come to iPhone after they can find a way to increase battery life to at least 5+ hours of talk time.