New Voice Or Text Message Sound Not Working

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cowboy

Aug 8, 2007
I have setting set to ON for new mail, text and voice and all I get is a very faint single tone for a new e mail and nothing when I get a new text or voice. An incomming phone call rings fine. I have reset the settings several times and turned power off and back on twice and still get no audio notification. Any others experience this?

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I have setting set to ON for new mail, text and voice and all I get is a very faint single tone for a new e mail and nothing when I get a new text or voice. An incomming phone call rings fine. I have reset the settings several times and turned power off and back on twice and still get no audio notification. Any others experience this?
go into settings>sounds, and then check if they are turned on.

pooter

Aug 13, 2007
Dumb question, but did you check the ring/silent switch? It is on the left hand side of the phone above the volume buttons. If it is red, you won't get a an audible alert for txts. At least I didn't. :)

cowboy

Aug 8, 2007
Dumb question, but did you check the ring/silent switch? It is on the left hand side of the phone above the volume buttons. If it is red, you won't get a an audible alert for txts. At least I didn't. :)
Like I said............... An incomming phone call rings fine