New VoIP app, NikoTalkie... anyone else try it?

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
I just installed on mine and my wife's phone. Seems like a really cool concept, but a bit twitchy right now. needed some restarts for freezing. Also it seems like you have to launch the software to retrieve messages. Would be nice if it ran in the background and notified.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I just installed on mine and my wife's phone. Seems like a really cool concept, but a bit twitchy right now. needed some restarts for freezing. Also it seems like you have to launch the software to retrieve messages. Would be nice if it ran in the background and notified.
Hey, at least you have another iphone--with 3rd party apps--to try it on. It gets pretty lame leaving messages for yourself. ;)

Didn't know it didn't work in the background either. That kinda defeats the purpose...

--
Mike

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I noticed on the homepage on the bottom right, there is a mention of rates. Click on SEE ALL RATES, and this appears:

nikotalkRates

Please Note: The rates are shown for calls between to telephone numbers. To see the price per minute you need to enter the telephone numbers including the country code. Usually the country and area code would be enough to see the correct tariff.

Calling from:
Calling to :
Cent/min

USA calls are 2.2 cents per minute?

sp33d

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
Ok i swear i tried 3 times to sign up for this and it still says Login Error "invalid userame and or password. Please check your login settings.." I signed up through the sign up button and got the confirmation... Is there something I left out?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Ok i swear i tried 3 times to sign up for this and it still says Login Error "invalid userame and or password. Please check your login settings.." I signed up through the sign up button and got the confirmation... Is there something I left out?
Doesn't seem like it. Just remember usernames are lower case.

In any case you are not missing much. It's rather crude right now.

--
Mike

sp33d

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
Doesn't seem like it. Just remember usernames are lower case.

In any case you are not missing much. It's rather crude right now.

--
Mike
Thanks thats what it was... my phone auto capped the first letter...

niko99

Oct 9, 2007
New Nikotalkie version 0.9.

Hi there,

we released a new version of Nikotalkie today. It has some very useful new features like a direct reply button and a inbox to store your messages. You can also send voice messages to emails (instead of usernames). We are working very hard on it and will release a couple more updates over the next days/weeks. Please know that we do not check automatically for new messages as of right now till we have reached at least version 1.0. We think the first most important goal is to have a rock solid application. Please keep the suggestions floating in:)
Nikotalkie has it's own website now at http://www.nikotalkie.com

Best

Nikolai

agent0064life

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Hi there,

we released a new version of Nikotalkie today. It has some very useful new features like a direct reply button and a inbox to store your messages. You can also send voice messages to emails (instead of usernames). We are working very hard on it and will release a couple more updates over the next days/weeks. Please know that we do not check automatically for new messages as of right now till we have reached at least version 1.0. We think the first most important goal is to have a rock solid application. Please keep the suggestions floating in:)
Nikotalkie has it's own website now at http://www.nikotalkie.com

Best

Nikolai
Is it free to use?

niko99

Oct 9, 2007
We have listened to you:)

Hi there,

you are 100% right. That's why I am happy to tell you that the newest version which is already on our page (www.nikotalkie.com) can run as a background process. You can even decide how often you want to check for messages when you are on EDGE and so on.. It has gotten a lot better over the last days:)

Best

Nikolai

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Hi there,

you are 100% right. That's why I am happy to tell you that the newest version which is already on our page (www.nikotalkie.com) can run as a background process. You can even decide how often you want to check for messages when you are on EDGE and so on.. It has gotten a lot better over the last days:)

Best

Nikolai
Thank you for keeping us updated with the latest developments, Nikolai--it's greatly appreciated.

Looking good!

--
Mike