New Weather App (Awesome)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 4, 2007
I recently discovered this new weather application which has both a desktop and iPhone version. The desktop app provides you with constantly updating weather information, radar data and customized images. These can than be exported to your own customized iPhone weather link. This app is absolutely amazing. I created my own weather link for my hometown and than added satellite and a wide variety of other maps. The developer is very responsive and open to suggestions. He is currently working on animated weather radar in the iPhone app which I know is important to most people. The small fee for this application is well worth it. I am in no way affilated with this application, I just thought it was something worth sharing.

iPhone version
http://hunter.pairsite.com/wx/iPhonewx.html

desktop version
http://hunter.pairsite.com/wx/index.html

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
They'll get a letter from The Weather Channel about using that one weather.com map. iWeathr.com got in trouble for that.

Jul 4, 2007
They'll get a letter from The Weather Channel about using that one weather.com map. iWeathr.com got in trouble for that.
You can add any map on the internet that you want. That is what is so great about it. Iweathr.com got in trouble because they were probably using weather channel animations which take a lot of bandwidth. I know that the desktop program associated with this new iPhone app has been around for years and that image has always been setup as a default image without any issues. You can add any NOAA maps which are so much better than the weather channel.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
doesn't save settings and only works on mac os? Wait... You people are charging 17 dollars for data that is free? Omg where to begin

Jul 4, 2007
doesn't save settings and only works on mac os? Wait... You people are charging 17 dollars for data that is free? Omg where to begin

It does save settings when you register. I know that you can get all this info free on the internet, but I love having everything in one place. Maps and all.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
This should be in the "Mac and iPhone" forum. Wasted my time. Oh well slim-to-no chance I'd ever pay for a weather app anyway, when so much weather information is out there for free.

--
Mike