NEW Winterboard - Can't view backgrounds in themes?

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Just upgraded winterboard in cydia and now I can't view the backgrounds on any of my apps. The icons change over just fine, only the backgrounds are note seen. Anyone else having this problem?

UPDATE: Aparently the last update to winterboard now cause MANY conflicts with th wbapp that controls the weather app. They were both working in harmony before the last update to winterboard.. :(

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I upgraded WinterBoard today as well, but my themes show up just fine

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
I can get mine working but when I have certain items running like the weather widget, I cant view the one located on the main page. it will only view on the lock screen. If I un-install my theme, then I can view. Also, activating themes and what ever winterboard apps in the wbapp will shut all cmy other apps down and only allow activating them possible in the original winterboard app but then that shuts down the weather widget.. weird!

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I don't know what to tell you man, sorry. I'm sure someone a lil more knowledgeable will step in though :)

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
yes, thx... Was working just fine before the update, after the springboard reset, BAM! All screwed up. Seems like I cant install multiple parts of themes from the wbapp but I can still do it from the oroginal winterboard app. Who knows...

UPDATE: Seems to be the weather widget app that shuts off my background themes. hmmm

faub55

Nov 27, 2007
I'm having the very same problem Rich is describing. Since I updated to the latest version of Winterboard, I can either get the Weather Widget without my selcted Wallpaper background or my background within the Weather Widget but not both. Worked fine before the upgrade ... is there anyway to downgrade to a prior version of Winterboard.

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
I think the problem is WHEN the various winterboard widgets are loaded up. If you start Winterboard, you'll be presented with a listing of all the winterboard capable widgets, with those that are presently enabled highlighted with a check mark. Find the theme you're using (in my case Saurik) and 'slide it down' a few levels and respring. (done by 'grabbing' the widget on the right side.) After moving theme a few notches lower, all the issues I was experiencing after upgrading when away....except for the "Slide to Saurik", but that is easily solved too. :)

HTH

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
UPDATE: The latest version of WbApp fixed it. Guess they saw this on their end too. Thx for the help guys.