New WinterBoard Options

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Well, I upgraded WinterBoard & new options appeared. User Wallpaper, Black navigation bars, transparent app titles & added Lockbackground. Except, Transparent app titles, what exactly do the others do. I have an idea of lockbackground but when I checked Black navigation bars & user wallpaper, I didn't see any changes. What are they supposed to do?

sportsfan12321

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
I don't have winterboard but from the sounds of it black navigation bar might mean the safari bars turn black? And user wallpaper sounds like it uses the slide to unlock background as your wallpaper. Give that a try.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I don't have winterboard but from the sounds of it black navigation bar might mean the safari bars turn black? And user wallpaper sounds like it uses the slide to unlock background as your wallpaper. Give that a try.
I put a check by user wallpaper but it remained the same. It didn't change to the same as my lock screen.

Haruk

Jul 7, 2008
you cant use themes if you use user wallpaper i guess

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
What's the point of that if we can't use certain icon sets with any wallpaper we want. Maybe there's a trick to it.

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
What's the point of that if we can't use certain icon sets with any wallpaper we want. Maybe there's a trick to it.

You can change whatever background/wallpaper you want with any theme you want. Just download any theme and check it in the new winterboard. Then download "LockBackground" app in cydia if you already have it. Then check on lockbackground in Winterboard. Then go to settings and change your wallpaper to whatever you want since the lockbackground app will change your background to your lockbackground. Restart phone and your wallpaper of your choice will work with whatever theme you want in winterboard!

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
Yeah does anyone know what Black Navigation Bars does? I still cant figure out what it changes!

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
if u look closes in cydia as an example when u check the black navigation bars the things on top go black instead of the naturaly blue it used to display

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
You can change whatever background/wallpaper you want with any theme you want. Just download any theme and check it in the new winterboard. Then download "LockBackground" app in cydia if you already have it. Then check on lockbackground in Winterboard. Then go to settings and change your wallpaper to whatever you want since the lockbackground app will change your background to your lockbackground. Restart phone and your wallpaper of your choice will work with whatever theme you want in winterboard!
But what is "user wallpaper" for then?

1buprofen

Jul 17, 2008
What I want to know is, how can you delete the themes from out of the winterboard list after having uninstalled them. I had this problem. I would uninstall a theme in customize or cydia package manager and it would stay in the list of themes in winterboard. How can I delete it? Do I have to SSH in and manually delete it?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
What I want to know is, how can you delete the themes from out of the winterboard list after having uninstalled them. I had this problem. I would uninstall a theme in customize or cydia package manager and it would stay in the list of themes in winterboard. How can I delete it? Do I have to SSH in and manually delete it?
If you uninstalled a theme through Cydia & it's still in WinterBoard, yes, you can delete it through SSH.

Aug 12, 2008
I figured out the settings, its hierarchical based, meaning that the items higher on the list override those lower.

For example, if your theme is higher then use user wallpaper then the theme wallpaper is used. You can change the order by dragging them from what looks like three bars on the far right.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I figured out the settings, its hierarchical based, meaning that the items higher on the list override those lower.

For example, if your theme is higher then use user wallpaper then the theme wallpaper is used. You can change the order by dragging them from what looks like three bars on the far right.
I wondered what the point of being able to move the items around was. That makes sense.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
There's a Winterboard update on Cydia. It puts an option called "server lock example" the menu. I don't like clicking on things when I don't know what they do. Anyone know what it does?

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Anyone else having trouble with downloading some themes in customize? It will say they are downloaded but you can't get anything from the theme like it's icons to apply.
For instance the (Almostmac) theme won't work for me. But can get a few others themes to work.

BLIK

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
There's a Winterboard update on Cydia. It puts an option called "server lock example" the menu. I don't like clicking on things when I don't know what they do. Anyone know what it does?

I also am wondering what this does............I don't want to click on it either until i know what it does....................

Anybody know?

dsegel

Aug 13, 2008
There's an example of what it does about midway down on this page.

Server Lock Example uses an HTML file to call some text from a server and display it on your lock screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

IPHONEmp

Bronze
Aug 27, 2008
Columbia, South Carolina
Anyone else having trouble with downloading some themes in customize? It will say they are downloaded but you can't get anything from the theme like it's icons to apply.
For instance the (Almostmac) theme won't work for me. But can get a few others themes to work.
Having The same problem.. not sure why I just use winterboard and disregard customize as i have never got this to work.