New ZiPhone 3.0

panda

Bronze
Mar 15, 2008
Can I run the new ZiPhone 3.0 over my existing iPhone installation without having to start form scratch and reinstall all my apps and settings again afterwards? Or do I still need to Restore and run ZiPhone again over the fresh iPhone Restore?
Many thanks in advance for any help.

snpri3

Bronze
Mar 26, 2008
i believe you need to start over again

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Can I run the new ZiPhone 3.0 over my existing iPhone installation without having to start form scratch and reinstall all my apps and settings again afterwards? Or do I still need to Restore and run ZiPhone again over the fresh iPhone Restore?
Many thanks in advance for any help.
Why do you want 3.0? You will have to restore, but you might think about backing up, and reinstalling your third party apps. after you run 3.0 :)

panda

Bronze
Mar 15, 2008
Why do you want 3.0?
Just that since updating Community Sources and Installer a couple of days ago, I can no longer install anything because the Installer persists in delivering message: "Error. Package download failed. Can't find host!" I just figured that a re-run of ZiPhone might cure it.

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
Ok, I'm really pissed off right now. I had to restore my iPod do to a recent error, but now that ziPhone 3.0 came out it won't jail break normally again. Does anybody have a download link to ZiPhone 2.6b that I can have. I am at my lake house right now. I have a copy at home. If anyone else is having problems with 3.0 ill be happy to post it when I get back, I just want my games back now... So if anyone has a link please post it.

panda

Bronze
Mar 15, 2008
2.6b

Ok, I'm really pissed off right now. I had to restore my iPod do to a recent error, but now that ziPhone 3.0 came out it won't jail break normally again. Does anybody have a download link to ZiPhone 2.6b that I can have. I am at my lake house right now. I have a copy at home. If anyone else is having problems with 3.0 ill be happy to post it when I get back, I just want my games back now... So if anyone has a link please post it.
I have a copy of it and of 2.5 (kept them because I had problems with each new one so could go back if necessary) but no download link or anywhere I can upload it to. If you can suggest a way I'm happy to get it to you.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
oh i had the same problem earlier today
what i did was clear the queued apps and refresh the sources
that should work