Newbie Developer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ohmster, May 18, 2012.

1. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Hi all,

I am working on an app targeted towards businesss productivity. I have the first article on my phone, but was wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom/advice on the following:
    • Advertising strategies.
    • Best way to beta test (here, through provisioning, or just to let it 'go')
    • Structuring the in-app purchase mechanism (subscription based model that provides fixed number of submissions). The application itself will be free but of limited use for non-subscribers. It will permit full vetting of application prior to in-app purchases.
    Appreciate the help and if this is not the right place for this or voilates forum rules, moderators please feel free to remove. I am not a spammer, check out my registration date. :)

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Can't help but notice your signature. A decade with Palm.(y)

It's tough to promote an app these days. Editors and writers are overwhelmed with the amount of PR. I'd take advantage of any free opportunities. Our site allows a free announcement of your app. I'd definitely create a YouTube video. Sharing with friends, family and social networks is a good idea. I'd start small and then build. What might seem like small potatoes, might end up helping to allow you to build some momentum and buzz. Every little bit helps.

3. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Thanks, Chris. Will get a video going and announce it here in the next month or so. Wish us luck! :)

4. iphoneloversss

iphoneloversss New Member