newbie help with jailbreak and ziPhone

Oct 30, 2007
I am a newbie and searched and tried to understand other post but....
I do not understand.

Here is what happen and I know.

I bought this iPhone 1 year ago.
used jailbreak to use it with Tmobile.
first it took me 3 days to find out and understand old way to jailbreak about 1 year ago. call *#301# then dial 0 , answer, then no answer, then press hold. etc.

then ZiPhone.org was way to easy.. I used ziPhone couple of times when I had problem with my iPhone.

I had no problem until 5 days ago.
I was searching web ... it froze......... usually it comes back after I turn off or plug on to power.

It was just stuck no matter what and showing me Apple sign.

I searched again .
sych with itune. now I restored my iPhone.
down loaded ziPhone. now ziPhone doesn't work.

I think once i restore it is 1.1.2 or something.

Please help.

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
You should look at some of the treads about "quickpwn".
This program is the latest and easiest way to jailbreak the newer software. You should be able to upgrade to 2.1 then run quickpwn to jailbreak and unlock a V1 phone.

Good luck
Donald

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Do not use ZiPhone. It is stolen code, and jailbreaks the phone in a way in which it should not.

First upgrade to firmware 2.1 in iTunes. If you use a Mac, read this, and if you use a PC, read this.

Oct 30, 2007
Do not use ZiPhone. It is stolen code, and jailbreaks the phone in a way in which it should not.

First upgrade to firmware 2.1 in iTunes. If you use a Mac, read this, and if you use a PC, read this.

sorry but how do i upgrade? just connect and restore my phone from itune?

how easy is it to use program above? like ziPhone? one click and done?
thanks.

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
You need to connect your phone to iTunes. iTunes will see that you need to upgrade both iTunes and iPhone software. It will take some time to get the files downloaded.

After you get your phone running on 2.1 software, you can proceed to download quickpwn.
Unlock/jailbreak with quickpwn is very easy. Only took me about 5 minutes today. I jailbroke my 3g and my v1 phone.